We are seeking a leader with a passion for investment content, adept at digital distribution, who can connect content to client outcomes, and who has a strong command of investment and retirement concepts. Financial publishing or asset management investment content background a plus.
There is a place for you at T. Rowe Price to grow, contribute, learn, and make a difference. We are a premier asset manager focused on delivering global investment management excellence and retirement services that investors can rely on today and in the future. The work we do matters. We invite you to explore the opportunity to join us and grow your career with us.Role Summary
Leads multiple departments of editorial managers who lead technical investment content professionals. Guides their work to ensure activities are aligned to the functional strategic priorities and contribute to the achievement of firm objectives. Provides leadership development and guidance to staff, ensuring clear accountability and performance expectations. Accountable for the overall quality, accuracy, and integrity of written content in assigned portfolios. Oversees the development and management of the editorial process and strategy. Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Leads a global organization of ~40 team members in the Americas (~25) and EMEA (~12), and partners with an APAC-based leader to extend editorial coverage globally. Teams focus on investment and retirement thought leadership (articles, videos, infographics, social media content etc. conveying investment and retirement insights to clients around the world), and investment strategy content (combination of investment commentary for monthly/quarterly client reporting, web)
- Directs the development of strategies for creating clear and innovative content for audiences across multiple asset types; applies extensive experience and expertise to anticipate barriers and identify the most effective ways to communicate messages on portfolio performance.
- Provides thought leadership for the strategic development of new content across multiple asset types. As a skilled communicator, conveys a high level of expertise and industry knowledge to effectively articulate rationale to stakeholders and influence buy-in for content strategies.
- Develops and fosters long-standing relationships with investment leaders to create and deliver clear, insightful, and informative content and visualizations. Applies strong interpersonal skills and expertise at consulting to satisfy a diverse internal client base. Ensures the overall quality of content provided by subordinate teams; addresses escalated issues and follows through to resolution. Removes roadblocks inhibiting the unit's ability to provide high-quality, timely work.
- Applies expert knowledge of industry/segment trends, market climates, and competitor activities and leverages this knowledge to create effective content and visualizations that promote and differentiate T. Rowe Price.
- Makes recommendations for the development of the T. Rowe Price technical writing strategies. Enforces cross-functional alignment with organization's desired communication and content strategy.
- Recruits, directs, motivates, and develops a management team, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth, and their ability to build and sustain a high-performing, strategically focused workforce within their assigned department. Accountable for the financial and human resources of multiple departments to include budgeting, staffing resources, etc.
Commitment to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and relevant experience AND
- 12+ years of total relevant work experience and 5+ years of management experience
- Strong interest in investment, financial, and retirement concepts, able to speak fluently to investment and retirement experts
- Financial publishing or asset management investment content background is preferred
- Experience managing and leading global teams
- Experience navigating digital transformation, optimization and automation of content
- Experience with content regulatory requirements across multiple jurisdictions
- Ability to interact and work collaboratively with senior investment, marketing, and sales professionals
- Strong relationship builder who can influence and drive change, while managing competing priorities of different stakeholders
- Proven ability to establish content engagement targets to measure and adapt
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Previous experience working in a large matrixed organization
We strive for equity, equality, and opportunity for all associates. When we embrace the power of diversity and create an environment where people can bring their authentic and best selves to work, our firm is stronger, and we create greater value for our clients. Our commitment and inclusive programming aim to lift the experience for each associate and builds allies for our global associate community. We know that a sense of belonging is key not only to your success at the firm, but also to your ability to bring your best each day.
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.