Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. The Position
The Product Marketing Manager - Alternatives, will deliver product marketing materials to support Wellington's increasing push into the alternative investment fund market in Europe, in particular private equity offerings, across the full product lifecycle (from launch to close). The successful candidate is expected to bring extensive alternative investment product marketing experience.
The role is part of the Global Product Marketing team, with regional teams in EMEA, APAC and the Americas. Global Product Marketing is a Centre of Excellence team, within the larger Global Marketing function. Center of Excellence includes teams dedicated to content creation, content management, digital marketing, and design.
This role requires the ability to establish very strong working relationships across functions and geographies. The successful candidate will partner closely with our Product Marketing Team globally, particularly with our Americas Product Marketing Manager who leads our Alternatives efforts. The two roles will collaborate to plan, develop & deliver a toolkit of materials for our Alternatives Focus Funds & ensure our materials resonate with European investors and meets European regulatory requirements.
Key responsibilities include: Product Toolkits
- Devise and deliver timely product marketing toolkits (e.g. sales presentations, profiles, web pages, emails, videos) that position our products in a compelling way in Europe and help progress the sales process.
- Ensure all marketing messages and toolkit items are approved on time by key stakeholders and that they meet all regional marketing compliance/regulatory requirements.
Competitor and Market Analysis
- Partner with the Marketing Strategist leading our Alternatives effort in EMEA & provide guidance and expert input into the development of marketing activities to promote our alternative investment products in Europe, including content, events, PR, social & comms.
- Conduct competitor and market analysis to identify unique angles to leverage when devising key marketing messages.
- Collaborate closely with Product Management, Investment Teams, Compliance, Reporting, Sales and Marketing globally when developing the product marketing toolkit items and inputting into campaigns.
- Ensure all relevant parties are kept up to date about the progress of the materials being produced.
- Regularly monitor the use and impact of toolkit items to identify ways to improve in future.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
• Extensive experience in Alternative investments.
• Deep understanding of the European sales and marketing regulatory rules for alternative investment products, specifically for Private Equity/Debt.
• Great appreciation of the sales process/investor journey for alternative investment products.
• Expertise in the European alternative investment product market landscape.
• Experience of working with product management, sales, and investment teams.
• Ability to provide meaningful and actionable insights into competitor and industry trends.
• Ability to collaborate with and positively influence stakeholders across functions and regions.
• Proven ability to manage multiple demanding workstreams simultaneously and to be able to successfully manage changing deadlines.
• Strong communication skills, especially written, verbal and presentational.
• Strong ability to acknowledge and adapt to diverse styles, cultures and languages.
• Creative & ability for story-telling & visualization of key product messages.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Multiple language speaker a plus.
Not sure you meet 100% of our qualifications? That's ok. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply and welcome a chance to review your background. We are dedicated to building and maintaining a diversified workforce and considering a broad array of candidates with a variety of skill, workplace experiences, and backgrounds.
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .