Senior Analyst, Portfolio Monitoring
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol, recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Trans-Canada Capital (TCC) is an innovative asset management firm specializing in non-traditional investment strategies for institutional investors. Since 2009, the team has successfully managed the pension assets of Air Canada, one of the largest corporate pension plans in the country. Over the years, we have earned an enviable reputation by generating superior returns through sophisticated strategies focusing on alpha generation in a rigorous risk-controlled framework. With more than $28 billion in assets under management, over 100 investment professionals based in Montreal, and a complete range of innovative solutions, TCC is well positioned to meet the needs of institutional investors seeking consistent returns.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill a new position as a senior analyst in the TCC Portfolio Monitoring team. As part of the Middle Office team, the senior analyst will mainly be responsible for coordinating and participating in the transformation, creation and automation of portfolio monitoring tools and reports. The senior analyst will support departmental changes in keeping with industry best practices and will act as a driver of innovation and a data visualization expert. They will be called on to share their expertise, experience and knowledge with team members.
The successful candidate will choose TCC for its collaborative work environment, sophisticated and diversified range of traded products, the opportunity to work closely with management teams, and the competitive compensation and range of benefits offered. They will also be involved in the evolution of a critical organizational function.
Role and responsibilities
- Act as a data visualization expert at TCC.
- Maintain close ties with stakeholders, primarily but not exclusively the Middle Office teams and portfolio managers.
- Develop a wide range of tools and reports from portfolio positioning, gain and loss tracking and performance attribution by Greeks and others.
- Act as a project manager and/or consultant to implement new reporting and tool production processes.
- Act as a liaison with portfolio managers to understand and meet their needs.
- Ensure the implementation of industry best practices in terms of portfolio monitoring.
- Put the necessary governance in place to ensure data integrity.
- Conduct process and system improvement integrations, recommendations and reviews.
- Develop and implement a process to periodically review reports and their relevance and uses.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in finance, accounting, math or a related discipline
- Professional CFA, FRM or PRM designation, an important asset
- Minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant experience
- In-depth knowledge of bond and derivative products (listed, OTC)
- Experience in building data environments, a major asset
- Investment experience (specifically fixed income products, a major asset)
- Experience in process transformation related to the production of portfolio monitoring tools and reports
- Experience in identifying and integrating systems and/or providers
- Excellent understanding of the PowerBI environment and related data
- Strong programming skills (e.g. Python, DAX, SQL)
- In-depth understanding of Bloomberg software, an asset
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Strong leadership skills
- Team spirit and excellent communication and teaching skills
- Autonomy, diligence, proactivity and sense of initiative
- Accountability and sense of responsibility
- Strong ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines
- Marked ability to learn, versatility, and adaptability
- Organizational skills and ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously
This position will be based in downtown Montreal.
**Please note that TCC offers a hybrid work environment**
Conditions of Employment:
Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest, at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Bilingual (English and French)
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer, we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers, and communities, in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.