Role Responsibilities Overall
The purpose of this role is twofold Personal Segment Solutions
You will help bring our vision for the personal segment to life across our global footprint. You will be working in a team that creates scalable and profitable customer solutions covering everyday banking, insurance and wealth for the personal segment. These solutions will leverage relevant innovation in digital technologies and engage customers through ecosystem (example education, health), as well as partnership-led, business models. You will contribute by providing clients with solutions that foster financial capability, financial inclusion, and ultimately financial well-being. Customer Experience
You will assist with day-to-day running of the customer function as well as the transformation of how we manage our business by helping us evolve to a customer centric model. This transformation will apply to all three retail banking segments (personal, affluent, and business) and will involve the introduction of new ways-of-working and structures that ensure we successfully achieve targeted business outcomes by focusing on delivering world-class customer experiences and journeys that support the preferences, behaviours and needs of our customers.
To achieve this, the role holder is required to Personal Segment Solutions
- Develop an understanding of the Group personal segment strategy and objectives, our competitor landscapes and emerging innovations in banking, insurance, and wealth.
- Develop a deep understanding of personal segment customers, their lives, challenges, and ambitions, and how these relate to, and drive behaviours around finances.
- Assist with the evolution of our personal segment propositions so they demonstratively address key customer insights, are scalable and profitable across our global footprint.
- Collaborate and support other key disciplines within the personal segment team (such as marketing, sales and servicing, and partnerships) on go-to-market.
- Partner with relevant business stakeholders at group, region, and country levels to assist with socializing, evolving, and delivering personal segment propositions and solutions. This includes working alongside others to assess commercial viability, product feasibility, negotiating priorities and securing investment.
- Partner with relevant delivery teams, including agile scrums and core technology teams to deliver, run, manage, measure, and continuously improve end-to-end customer experiences and journeys, as well as the underlying capabilities and processes necessary to support them.
- Champion adherence to design and build standards to ensure propositions and solutions genuinely meet customer needs, are useful, usable, secure, stable, and engaging, scalable, and profitable.
- Support and work closely with all key stakeholders, including business, product, marketing, risk, legal, compliance, IT at group, region and country level as required.
Governance and Measurement
- Understand how customer metrics that reflect the performance of customer experiences and journeys are used to drive targeted business and commercial outcomes.
- Assist with the identification of key customer metrics, and support the development of appropriate reporting to enable transparency of performance across the business.
- Develop an understanding of the different sales and service models across the retail bank (personal, affluent and business).
- Bring experience leveraging customer-centric methodologies, such as design thinking, and service design.
- Partner with enterprise transformation teams, data and analytics teams, digital and technology teams to assist with the transformation of the business as we evolve towards a true customer-centric model. This will include assisting with team design, prioritisation methodology, approach to continuous improvement and ways-of-working.
- Assist with the establishment of new methods and performance dashboards for tracking, monitoring and improving performance across customer journeys, products, platforms and countries.
- Support the customer experience function at group, region, and country levels as required with execution of day-to-day responsibilities. This includes assisting with reporting, research, complaints, dissemination of information and guidance.
- Identify and assist with process improvements (where relevant) to boost performance and drive efficiency.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Assess the effectiveness of the firm's arrangements to deliver effective governance, oversight and controls in the business and, if necessary, assist changes in these areas.
- Maintain an awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the firm operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Responsible for delivering 'effective governance'; capability to challenge fellow executives effectively; and willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the client solutions team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Identify weaknesses across the E2E Retail Product risk and control environment and drive rectification as required and ensure adequate and appropriate systems and controls are in place to comply with Group and Business policies, procedures, standards and codes, including those governing all Risk types, Compliance, Technology and Operations, Finance and Reputation.
- Country Heads of CPBB (Consumer, Private and Business Banking)
- Group customer team
- Market customer experience teams
- Group personal segment team
- Market personal segment teams
- Data and analytics teams
- Payments, Deposit and Mortgages teams
- Credit Cards and Personal Loans teams
- Wealth Management teams
- Partnerships teams
- COO Team, CPBB
- Domain leads, hive leads and their teams
- Consumer Research and Insights teams
- Brand and Marketing teams
- Support Functions
- Consulting firms and research partners
Our Ideal Candidate Functional
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in the Client Solutions team.
- Raise the bar on conduct and demonstrate how we are here for good, to clients and colleagues.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- 8 years of Consumer Banking, Digital and / or Retail experience with proven track record in product management, distribution, customer experience and / or digital.
- Relevant experience across our footprint in multiple market roles and / or regional roles.
- Strong affinity with the personal segment and ability to identify / empathize with this segment.
- Strong affinity with banking, insurance and wealth solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to create new value-added experiences outside of traditional product spectrum and / or in cooperation with relevant non-banking ecosystems (health, education, family care).
- Experience leading customer (segment) strategies and experience in creating sensible micro segment personas.
- Strong experience in designing compelling and profitable customer solutions, ideally including democratizing product and service spectrum.
- Strong experience in designing end to end customer journeys including the underlying process blueprint and ability to drive design into action.
- Strong ability to translate data into insights and workable hypothesis.
- Experience in creating a solution pallet and constructive value roadmaps towards viable solutions.
- Good / strong risk management and compliance knowledge, understand the spirit of regulation.
- Demonstrated ability to manage effectively in a matrix organisation with a high degree of initiative and strong ability to meet key responsibilities with limited direction and oversight.
- Good at effecting local implementation.
- Strategic minded, analytical, clarity in thinking.
- Able to build or lead customer-based business and financial models.
- Exposure / experience to strategy development and broad change management projects.
- Be open-minded and curious, and equally willing to listen and learn as you are to share your knowledge and experience.
- Prefer to make decisions based on facts, data, and insights rather than rely on opinion or gut feeling.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Positive can-do attitude, relentless customer focus, infectious energy levels.
- Empathetic and strong listening skills.
- Out of the box thinker, creative problem solver and solution seeker.
- Creator / dreamer / builder - strong strategic acumen coupled with strong execution capability.
- Trusted partner for internal and external stakeholders, who constructively challenges and can build needed momentum and consensus.
- Thrives in an agile operating model, adept at working across matrix organization.
- Actively drives change and has first-class communication skills.
- Cultural sensitivity and awareness.
About Standard Chartered
- Customer journey and experience design
- Business model and strategy
- Behavioural science / psychology
- Process mapping
- Market knowledge
- Project management at pace
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers