Description About this role About BlackRock's Financial Markets Advisory Business
BlackRock's Financial Markets Advisory (FMA) group provides a wide range of services to governments, central banks, and financial institutions globally. FMA advises financial institutions, regulators and government entities on their most critical and complex financial issues - from bank stress-testing to unwinding a portfolio of assets to designing and executing bond purchase programs to support to the economy.
We work with our clients' senior management on balance sheet and capital markets exposures as well as a wide range of other strategic, regulatory and operational challenges. Since our founding in 2008, we have completed over 500 assignments for more than 280 unique clients in 37 countries.
Our technology and analytical capabilities give us a unique ability to respond to client needs. We leverage BlackRock's Aladdin® technology platform and the firm's sophisticated capital markets, risk analytics, data management, financial modeling, and sustainability capabilities to deliver results-oriented consulting and advisory services, while maintaining stringent information barriers and other procedures to protect client sensitive information and manage potential conflicts of interest.
Our professionals work out of all BlackRock regions (Americas, EMEA, APAC), allowing FMA to serve clients in different locations and respond to urgent needs as they arise. To deliver the most effective team for any client situation, we assign professionals based on their expertise and can deploy from multiple offices. We seek a Director with demonstrated leadership skills and strong expertise in data, analytics, and modeling to support FMA clients and their capital markets and sustainability objectives. This position will be the Deputy Head of FMA India, working closely with the Head of FMA India and global leaders on the FMA team. Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications
- Lead and contribute to the delivery of analytics for recurring and ad-hoc client engagements
- Provide analytical oversight to team members locally and partner with the Head of FMA India to deliver on global client mandates
- Deliver on client mandates, support client analyses, mitigate execution risks, and guide team to scale capabilities
- Partner with the Head of FMA India on business strategy, talent management, and other relevant areas
- Design solutions to address client objectives, rooted in a clear understanding of the client and business context driving client opportunities and challenges
- Focus on automation and scalability in overseeing the design and implementation of analytical frameworks
- Develop a strong understanding of BlackRock's fixed income and climate analytics capabilities; contribute subject matter expertise to the development of future BlackRock models and analytics
- Engage with partner teams across BlackRock
- Synthesize complex market and analytical topics for internal and external audiences
- Stay abreast of capital market and climate analytics trends and of the evolving landscape of relevant technological tools and solutions
- 10+ years of professional experience in banking, investments, consulting, or financial services with a history of outstanding achievements
- Programming skills in Python required, additional experience with a variety of other programming languages, especially scripting, database, modeling, and visualization tools helpful
- Experience using and/or developing risk analytical systems / tools / infrastructure
- Familiarity with relevant financial models and model validation considerations
- Strong understanding of financial institutions, fixed income assets, and capital markets
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Takes initiative and comfortable performing under pressure to manage tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment
- Bachelor's / Master's degree in relevant technical discipline: Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Science, Finance
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.