This role has responsibility for independent risk management oversight for a specific risk type (e.g. Credit, Market, Liquidity, Operational) and embedding the Group's Risk Management Framework for that risk type within the Business Divisions and Infrastructure functions. They contribute to the setting of risk appetite for given risk type, and monitor against it. They also independently assess risks for complex or significant transactions or other drivers / key controls, and provide challenge and advisory at a senior level. They make decisions and approvals based on their allocated authority level, and are a point of escalation for disputed assessments or decisions. Role responsibilities also include reviewing the effectiveness of current frameworks and methodologies as these are used and collaborates with others to improve and develop these.Additional Job DescriptionDetails of the Division and Team:
The Chief Risk Office function has Group-wide responsibility for the management and control of all credit, market, operational, enterprise and liquidity risks and has the responsibility of continual development of methods for risk measurement, frameworks and creating a bank wide strong risk culture. Deutsche Bank has been named 'Bank Risk Manager of the Year' by the leading publication risk.net for the second consecutive year (2020 & 2021).
Market Risk Management (MRM) is part of our independent Risk function and sits within the Market and Valuations Risk Management (MVRM) group. One of the primary objectives of Market Risk Management is to ensure that our business units' risk exposure is within the approved risk appetite commensurate with its defined strategy. To achieve this objective, Market Risk Management works closely together with risk takers ("the business units") and other control and support groups.Your key responsibilities:
Your skills and experience:
- Provide a holistic view of Risk and P&L drivers across both trading and non-trading activities for the APAC region and Global Emerging Markets (GEM). You will be working closely with Market Risk Managers to provide Risk Oversight, Risk Commentary, Risk Identification, Risk Appetite and Limit Framework updates.
- With regards to Stress Testing, you will coordinate with various stakeholders to ensure that the design, expansion, methodology, execution, analysis and reporting of multiple stress testing scenarios are aligned with internal/external requirements.
- Central point of contact for APAC/GEM portfolio risk and stress test information.
- Close interaction with the global portfolio team, providing market risk cross asset class portfolio coverage for APAC and Global Emerging Markets (ASIA, CEEMEA and LATAM).
- Input into global and local initiatives on what-if scenarios, stress tests, liquidity / turnover analysis, and optimal risk allocation.
- Preparation of risk information / presentations for senior MVRM and trader risk meetings, regulatory onsites and meetings with the APAC Chief Risk Officer.
- Attend senior risk meetings, providing help with minutes, action items, follow-ups.
- Provide EM country summaries, including positions and risk appetite, to Enterprise Risk Management.
- Responsible for APAC regulatory stress test submissions, working with teams across Risk and Finance in different APAC locations.
- Coordination of regional market risk manager input into global scenario design.
- Leverage technology investments to automate processes and reduce costs.
- Escort, mentor and develop the team.
- University educated in a quantitative discipline.
- Minimum 8 years of total experience in banking or Financial Institutions, with minimum 5 years in a market risk management role and stress testing.
- A strong understanding of financial markets dynamics across multiple asset classes (Rates, FX, and Credit), and market risk regulatory framework from a global and regional perspective.
- A strong candidate who will be able to challenge, while at the same time being able to build relationships with both senior Front Office traders and risk staff.
- An experienced manager who will be able to mentor and develop the more junior members of the team and set the goal for the team.
- A problem solver who can work independently.
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with diverse and multicultural teams in different regions and time zones.
- Fluent English is required.
Role is required to be performed on-site at One Raffles Quay office. Relevant vaccination requirement applies.