Role Responsibilities Job Summary
To support the Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA in the effective running of the CABM CCIB and EA team, coordinating and leveraging internal resources across their teams, and the Bank, as required in the running of the team. Strategy
- Be a key contact for the direct reports of the Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA and other peers across CABM.
- Support the Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA in developing strategic plans to support Group CABM strategy and CCIB business strategy. Ensuring effective reporting against all deliverables, including OKRs.
- Help set agendas for meetings of Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA with direct reports and other key stakeholders, covering key updates and follow up actions
- Ensure the Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA is briefed and prepared as necessary for key meetings and engagements - including CABM MT, CCIB MT, and key budget / strategy forums (MBR, QPR), including the preparation of speaking notes, presentations, and engaging of Subject Matter Experts, as required.
- Assist in structuring and supporting key projects and deliverables across the team, and undertake ad hoc projects as needed.
- Optimize time management for the Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA including:
- Development and oversight of annual calendar planner ensuring optimal alignment with functional and Group objectives.
- Managing agendas for overseas visits.
- Identifying key relationships for Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA to develop.
- Help manage Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA inbox and ensuring follow up on actions arising.
People and Talent
- Work with the team in the development and execution of the Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA communications plan to help ensure effective communication of key priorities and messages across CABM and the wider Bank.
- Support the Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA in building and maintain close working relationships with CABM MT, CCIB MT, GPRA, Investor Relations, core business stakeholders and BPMs for Management Team.
Budget and Risk Management
- Work closely with HR Business Partner / team to coordinate people agenda across the team.
- Coordinate specific people plan projects / initiatives, including recruitment for the CABM, CCIB and EA team.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Collaborate with CABM MT and other key stakeholders to anticipate any risks and issues inside and outside of the functions that the Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA should be aware of.
- Seek to identify and make Global Head, CABM, CCIB and EA aware of possible solutions, collaborating with fellow BPMs, team members and stakeholders to achieve this.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing the budget for the CABM, CCIB and EA team, working with budget owners across the team to ensure actions such as forecasting, and restatements are completed on time.
- Looking across the CCIB and EA portfolio, proactively identify efficiencies and opportunities. and review potential overspend to ensure costs stay within budgets.
- Proactively review planned investment spend in alignment with other areas of CABM to identify potential efficiencies, duplication of efforts or potential gaps.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate, and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Our Ideal Candidate
- CABM, CCIB and EA teams
- Group CABM MT and top teams
- BPM to Group Head, CABM
- CCIB and EA Management Team BPMs
- Governance teams
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- Overall 8+ years of experience in INTEGRATED Marketing, Digital Marketing AND COMMS Strategy.
- Experience in strategy, consulting / innovation background and / or integrated marketing and communications background.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Exceptional organizational and planning skills.
- Attention to detail, accuracy, good spelling, and grammar are essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to network with and influence more senior stakeholders.
- Be trustworthy, discreet, diplomatic and display high integrity,
- Be adept at exercising good judgment and 'doing the right thing'.
- Be able to think fast and work quickly under pressure.
- Be a self-starter with the ability to take the initiative and a strong desire to learn.
- Be able to understand and synthesize complex, fast-moving issues.
- Be comfortable with a certain level of ambiguity and 'working between the lines'.
- Have a sense of responsibility and perseverance.
- Have good emotional intelligence and sensitivity to people dynamics.
- Be courageous and willing to provide constructive dissent to senior leadership
About Standard Chartered
- Experience in Marketing Strategy, Planning and Campaign execution
- Experience in Risk Management.
- Knowledge of Planning or Innovation.
- Experience in Internal & External Consulting.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge, and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviors . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see better in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial, and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programmed, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual, and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organization, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realize their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers