Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Develop an understanding of the current state data architecture landscape for the CCIB CC data and CCIB CC processes.
- Develop an approach and lead the data Analysis work for Client coverage Data in the current state data architecture landscape.
- Identify enhancements to improve the quality of the data and produce the data lineage artefacts required by data architecture.
- Do analysis as required by Business Data Architects to review the data designs of projects.
- Help Chief Data Architect to maintain the CCIB CC Logical Data Model, Data Definition, and Data standards for CCIB Client coverage ESG Data.
- Further develop the CCIB Client Coverage Data glossary by mapping the system level data attributes to the business terms.
- Manage and engage key stakeholders across data domains in the bank.
- Supports the following
- Reviewing change requests and perform the required analysis to identify potential impacts (upstream and downstream) that may arise due to the request(s).
- Providing ongoing support to Technology delivery partners; e.g. reviewing documentation and test cases, closing out open issues / questions related to data, etc.
- Occasional need to work on weekends to support business testing and implementation activities.
- Adherence to laws and regulations, internal risk and compliance policies and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Completion of all mandatory risk and compliance training including e-learning within stated timeframes.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
Role Specific Technical Competencies
- 10+ years of experience preferrable in Banking Domain in Business Data analysis, Data Modelling, Definitions and Glossary developments.
- Expertise in Business/ Data analysis to help Organisations with DQ improvements, Analytics and data standardization.
- Hands on experience in Modelling, ETL, Data Visualization tools such As Alteryx, Tableau and Erwin.
- Any Diploma or Graduate Degree from a recognized University
- Consulting experience at a top tier firm preferred.
- Strong skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions.
- Positive contributor towards team dynamics and cohesion.
- Strong practical knowledge of project or programme delivery in an Agile environment.
- Strong SQL skills.
- Experience in building Data Glossary for large organisations.
About Standard Chartered
- Data Modelling
- Data Analytics
- Data Visualization
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers