SSGA Investment Operation seek a high achieving individual with strong analytical capability and excellent attention to detail to join the European Shareholder Services function of one of the industry's largest institutional asset managers.
European Shareholder Services administer incoming client instructions relating to subscription and redemption activity for both pooled funds and on segregated portfolios. We are looking for a team member to assist with daily delivery, but also to contribute to business analysis and project delivery to help facilitate our transformation agenda. The functions of the team include: Transfer Agency / Unit Dealing:
- Participant level investor record keeping
- Processing of investor unit/cash transactions on both forward and as-of priced funds.
- Maintenance of fund pricing records, including anti-dilution.
- Payment processing and reconciliation controls, compliance with COLL.
- Trade placement with external Transfer Agents.
Projects and Oversight:
- Communication with clients, shareholders and their representatives to resolve processing issues, authenticate instructions and payments.
- Dealing with inquiries from clients in relation to the transaction instruction process, statements and contract notes.
- Identification and development of solutions for clients to streamline incoming instructions and ensuring high quality client experience.
- Administration of documentation to support the instruction process, for example authorized signatory lists and letters of direction.
Education and Experience
- Responsible for providing accurate and timely operational support. Extensive liaison with the business in order to facilitate operational delivery.
- Responsible for completion (as required) and oversight of processing activities.
- Project work and new business installation support within the function.
- Business analysis and operating model development - evolve daily operational processes, recommend and implement changes and deliver continuous improvement.
- Work with key partners to identify and progress automation opportunities.
- Project coordination and workstream participation to facilitate our transformation agenda.
- Robust industry experience within Investment Operations in a similar function.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) with a financial or analytical discipline preferred.
- Strong MS Windows applications, Excel VBA an advantage.
- Proactive and determined. Willing to assume responsibility and take ownership of tasks assigned.
- Ability to prioritize multiple responsibilities to meet internal and external deadlines in a high volume, deadline driven environment.
- Analytically minded with strong problem solving skills. Fund accounting or pricing experience useful.
- Project management and business analysis skills. Self-motivated and inquisitive.
- Highest standards of conduct and integrity within the business and ensure compliance with industry practice, company policies, statute and regulatory requirements in all matters.
- Client service skills, and ability to develop and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders including other business lines and corporate functions.