BNY Mellon Investment Management is the investment management arm of BNY Mellon, one of the world's largest financial services groups. We currently have presence in 9 locations in Asia-Pacific, namely Hong Kong, Mumbai, Pune, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Taipei and Tokyo. We believe the right results begin by being relevant to every client, whether that is engaging the way they want, offering diversified strategies, or providing advice and quality insights for better informed decisions.
Today, we have eight investment management firms, located across the Americas, EMEA and Asia Pacific regions: Alcentra, ARX, Dreyfus Cash Investment Strategies, Insight, Mellon, Newton Investment Management, Siguler Guff and Walter Scott. Our investment management model brings to clients the best of both worlds: specialist expertise from eight world-class investment firms offering solutions across every major asset class, backed by the strength, proven stewardship and global presence of BNY Mellon, one of the world's most trusted investment partners.
Our multi-investment firm model gives us the flexibility to offer clients a compelling suite of responsible investment (RI) solutions. Each investment firm approaches RI in alignment with its own philosophy. We believe this is how investing should be and we are looking for talent to help us deliver on our promise.
The Investment Management Singapore is looking for a Vice President, Business Development Manager for Intermediary Business SEA based in Singapore to manage the intermediary activities with a major focus on building and expanding the Retail Business proactively in Singapore and Southeast Asian markets but also covering PBs for BNY Mellon Investment Management offerings in Singapore and with Strategic distribution partners:
- Develop and implement a sales strategy for Singapore Intermediary Business SEA that is consistent with the overall BNY Mellon Investment Management sales strategy;
- Expending Retail distribution channel in terms of client type such as but not limited to IFAs, Retail Banks, Fund and Digital Platforms, Securities Brokers etc.;
- Grow and maintaining assets;
- Increase the shelf space penetration of BNY Mellon Investment Management products
- Maintain an understanding of the full range of BNY Mellon Investment Management products for client presentations purposes;
- Coordinate and ensure delivery of after sales service to clients;
- Keep appropriate records of sales activities including call meeting notes, prospective client contacts, activity against targets etc.;
- Produce business plans and maintaining robust pipeline of business opportunities;
- Liaise with Marketing to ensure the appropriate activities are undertaken to support the product range;
- Working hand in hand with other BNY Mellon teams (e.g. Product, Client Services, Marketing, Operations, Legal and Compliance) on planning, resources allocation and coordinating with IM EMEA sales team and our Boutiques in order to enhance sales effectiveness and efficiency;
- Entrepreneur mentality with strong team work attitude;
- Strong client database within retail banks and Insurance companies will be an advantage.
- Bachelor's degree holder (Business, Marketing or Finance related)
- 7+ years of work experience in Business Development and Asset Management industry is preferred
- Experience within Intermediary SEA clients such as IFAs, Retail Banks, Fund and Digital Platforms, Securities Brokers etc.
- Fluent in English, Mandarin and other Asian Languages must be required
- Excellent skills in Microsoft office: Word, excel, power point and any experience in Salesforce and Bloomberg Terminal would be advantageous
- Basic knowledge on different types of investment strategies
- Professional designations such as CFA, CFP, CIMA, MBA are a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.