Institutional Equity Sales
Peters & Co. is currently seeking to hire a highly motivated and energetic individual to join our institutional sales desk in Calgary.
The successful candidate will develop a strong understanding of financial markets and support the firm’s key corporate and institutional client relationships. As a member of our institutional sales team, successful candidates will also work on establishing and maintaining corporate and buy-side relationships; and, generate trading ideas and order flow in public/private investments and equity financings.
The ideal candidates will possess the following:
- An undergraduate degree in business with a major in finance or accounting or a technical degree in engineering or geology;
- Completion of or enrolment in the CFA program is encouraged;
- Financial, accounting and/or oil and natural gas related work experience;
- Interest or experience in energy tech or alternative energy would be an asset;
- Must have excellent communication, research, writing, and organizational skills with acute attention to detail; Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Coordinate, attend, and host client meetings and business gatherings with corporate management teams and research analysts;
- Generate ideas supported by detailed analysis and also tailor creative investment ideas specific to each clients' investment objectives;
- Ability to open new accounts and meaningfully drive revenue with existing accounts higher;
- Ability/willingness to travel; and
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office products.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and reference “Institutional Sales Job Opportunity” in the subject line. In your cover letter, please indicate why you want to work at Peters & Co. Limited specifically.
All applications received will be held in the strictest of confidence. We appreciate the interest of all applicants; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
OVERVIEW OF PETERS & CO. LIMITED
Peters & Co. Limited is a full service investment dealer that has specialized in the Canadian energy sector for over 51 years.
Peters & Co. provides investment services to institutional investors and private clients; employs its own sales and trading group; conducts specialized and comprehensive investment research across the energy spectrum; and is an active underwriter for, and financial advisor to, companies in the Canadian energy industry.
For information regarding Peters & Co. Limited please refer to our website at: www.petersco.com