Description About this role Overview:
The role reports to the Team lead of Data Management. The Data Management Group is responsible for the integrity of all asset data utilized by internal and external clients for both portfolio trading and accounting-based reporting. The group ensures complete accurate and timely processing of asset security data and transaction data for the clients of BlackRock Solutions ("BRS") as it pertains to the BRS Investment Accounting and other businesses requiring trade management of externally balanced assets. This includes, among other things, ensuring the completeness of all terms and conditions of asset data pertaining to all known asset types, ensuring accurate market data, collecting trade file information for processing while building a high level of straight through processing (STP) to our accounting system from Aladdin and external managers. Responsibility:
- Timely review and setup of securities within the accounting system to facilitate the processing of investment transactions
- Processing daily investment transactions from numerous external investment managers; in some cases, these need to be processed manually
- Supervise all the automated jobs and resolve, if there is any exception or failure.
- Timely & accurate responses to daily data inquiries
- Perform quality control processes and procedures to ensure the accuracy of data
- Ability to evaluate systems, procedures and make recommendations for improvement
- Participate in various efficiency and capacity-building initiatives, including automation/ standardization efforts
- Maintain accurate process documents and train team members to ensure holistic understanding
- Accurately record metrics related to responsibilities to enable management to have a good view of team productivity and efficiency
- Possess and demonstrate a proven understanding of various investment products and finance theory; a strong understanding of fixed income and derivative products preferred
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with excel functions, SQL, Unix commands, etc. strongly preferred
- Exceptional decision-making and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, rapid changing, deadline driven environment
- Organized and detail oriented with strong time management skills!
- Multi-task and balance requests without losing sight of overall objective.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.