Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
What we're building
We now need a Junior Loan & Credit Risk Analyst based within the Credit Research Team to support the transformation and the future growth of the Real Estate Finance (REF) business within the Asset Management function, so it can support Canada Life's businesses, as well as other Great West group companies through the management of their portfolios.
Enhancing value for the benefit of shareholders/policyholders and mitigating risk. The aim is to deliver consistent long term out performance and meet the strategic objectives of the fund in accordance with all applicable policies, procedures and guidelines.
What you'll do
• Responsible for day-to-day risk management of the REF loan book undertaking ongoing annual risk ratings on each mortgage combined with a scheduled programme of loan credit reviews and tenant covenant analysis.
• Preparation of potential new business risk ratings having regard to both new business targets and risk appetite/ profile of the fund.
• Internal reporting and ongoing monitoring of asset performance.
• Maintaining accurate internal data records and processes to the highest standard.
• Ad-hoc analysis of loan book to support specific projects.
Who you are
• Strong communication skills as role requires both verbal presentations and written reports.
• Completion of, or progress towards, the CFA or equivalent (e.g. a Chartered Accountant).
• Demonstrated interests in the investment industry, particularly real estate.
• Excellent time management skills and flexibility to change priorities to meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to think quantitatively with strong analytical skills to gather information and use it to draw sound conclusions and present strong arguments
• Good degree in a numerate subject from a highly ranked university
• Progress towards CFA or similar qualification desirable
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences