Investment Services Private Markets & Finance
Investment Services Private Markets & Finance (ISPVMF) is responsible for investment services for the private market and financial management across the GIC group. It is responsible for providing operations and reporting support to the private market business of GIC as well as budgeting, accounting, payment processing, cash management, tax and financial & management reporting services to all departments, corporate management companies and the global offices of the GIC group. It is involved in deal structuring and closing, transaction processing, administration and accounting of investment holding companies, review of financial controls for asset operations, cash & securities reconciliation, valuation and financial reporting for assets under management, and external debt financing.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join the Financial Planning & Analysis team with the Corporate Accounting Division. As a member of the FP&A team, the responsibility involves financial performance management, stakeholder partnership and advisory, driving excellence in deployment of resources, strategic benchmarking, business appraisal and budget planning of the various depts/function of the GIC Group. Responsibilities
- Act as Financial business partners for our internal depts, supporting the respective dept Directors and their senior division heads, providing advice and direction on financial matters.
- Provide periodic financial reporting and analysis to steer business performance and manage costs
- Synthesize information, uncover trends and deliver insights to improve decision making
- Strong understanding of the FP&A methodologies and other financial policies and procedures
- Lead initiatives to design, transform and innovate planning, reporting and analysis processes
- Lead budget planning, forecasting, monitoring of cost targets, benchmarking and appraisal analysis.
- Lead peer benchmarking function to provide relevant, meaningful data points to drive better decision making and improvements within GIC.
- Maintain network with selected peer group functions to keep abreast of latest developments and share knowledge and best practices where possible.
- Run Group-wide benchmarking exercise, working with selected external consultants, internal depts and stakeholders to provide comprehensive analysis of our costs, manpower, performance benchmarking to relevant peer groups.
- At least 10-15 years of progressive experience in finance with a bias towards FP&A/Finance business partner roles and in the fund/asset management industry.
- Significant experience with executive-level consultations. This requires skills in fact-based analysis, synthesis, presentation, and interpersonal interaction.
- Experience in performing/leading benchmarking studies.
- Strong leadership, influencing, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Communicates in a clear, succinct, organized and convincing manner verbally and in writing.
- Superb attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced environment.
- Independent, resourceful and able to work collaboratively with business stakeholders and finance colleagues.
- Proficient in technology tools and data extraction/modelling/visualization tools.
- Understands the investment business and financial markets