Description About this role
When BlackRock was started in 1988, its founders envisioned a company that combined the best of financial services with groundbreaking technology! They imagined a business that would provide financial services to clients as well as technology services to other financial firms. The result of their vision is Aladdin, our industry leading, end-to-end investment management platform. With assets valued over USD $7 trillion managed on Aladdin, our technology empowers millions of investors to save for retirement, pay for college, buy a home, and improve their financial wellbeing!
The Access & Identity Management (AIM) team is a critical component of Global Information Security and is responsible for controlling and maintaining secure access across the technology estate. The team ensures that all users have appropriate access to technology systems and resources within the Firm.
The AIM Analyst is responsible for user administration functions across all technology platforms and applications, including:
- Managing user accounts, permissions and entitlements in Microsoft Active Directory, Exchange, UNIX, 300+ business applications and BlackRock's brand new trading and asset management platform, Aladdin.
- Maintaining appropriate user entitlements throughout the employee lifecycle (Joiners/Movers/Leavers).
- Project work relating to system migrations and onboarding new systems to AIM management.
- Experience performing user administration in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Knowledge of enterprise-level Identity Management systems (e.g. SailPoint IdentityIQ, Okta).
- Experience in granting NTFS permissions for folders/files in a Windows Distributed File System Environment.
- Experience performing user administration tasks for various in-house and third-party applications.
- Experience in Exchange administration; creating and maintaining mailboxes, distribution lists, contacts and public folders.
- Experience coordinating MFA solutions (e.g RSA, Duo)
- Knowledge of Information Security principles and ability to adhere to SSAE16 and SOX audit requirements pertaining to Identity & Access Management (Role-Based Access Control, access governance, detail-oriented, acquiring and documenting approvals, etc).
- Experience with ticketing/workflow management tools (e.g. ServiceNow, JIRA).
- Basic familiarity with UNIX command-line execution.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards; strong organizational skills; able to manage time, priorities and workload; provide documentation and accountability.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.