Description About this role Team Overview
Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services (GAAPS), a core functions within the Business Operations Group at BlackRock. PCG is responsible for implementing controls & processes, to ensure we are portfolio compliant and aligned with all regulatory and portfolio issued guidelines. This relates to trading and investments, including Aladdin pre-and post-trade compliance and non-Aladdin trading compliance; global syndicate offering review; ERISA & Fiduciary monitoring, and Global Thresholds reporting.
This role sits in the Disclosures Reporting Team and primarily focuses on monitoring and reporting of major shareholdings, short selling activities and Takeover Panel transactions across the Americas and Asia Pacific. The remit of the role covers all major global investments. We are also responsible for disclosing and reporting various information to fund boards and clients, including sub-advised clients. You like to:
Your daily tasks may include:
- Work in a culture that is fast paced, high intensity environment, and hands-on engagement at all levels
- Build strong relationships with colleagues from Portfolio Management, Institutional Client Business, Legal & Compliance, and Investment Stewardship and works closely with Business Operations and Technology
- Learn about numerous global regulatory regimes and jurisdictions, and stay up to date on regulatory changes that may impact the team
- Tackle and solve complex problems in an ever-changing environment, with a target on process optimization, data & technology in a pragmatic approach.
- Reviewing system reports of shareholdings against trade movements, and reporting holdings that have reached prescribed thresholds
- Prioritizing and submitting of necessary disclosures in an accurate and timely manner & maintaining clear records of all filings and communications
- Identifying holdings that are approaching prescribed threshold limits and engaging portfolio managers globally to allocate limited investment capacity, ensuring the best possible outcome for our clients
- Working with partners to improve processes and controls that build capacity and scale, and supporting automation
- Monitoring overall data collection status from various global functional teams
- Preparing monthly and quarterly Sub-Advised client certificates, in accordance with client guidelines and various SEC regulations
- Building and validating detailed daily, monthly, and quarterly cross trade reports
- Performing ad-hoc analysis for the Client Service Management team and sub-advised clients
- Maintaining procedures across all processes to ensure high-level quality control
- Communicating with regulators and internal legal counsel regarding complex, sensitive topics
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in a related field (preferred but not required)
- Experience in working with and building strong and positive relationships with both internal and external partners
- Strong control / risk mitigation mentality; ability to apply solid judgement as to when to raise issues.
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications and strong IT skills, including experience with Visual Basic and SQL (preferable)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly to target audience
- Focus on continuous improvement and process innovation.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.