S&P Global Ratings Sector Lead - Infrastructure
S&P Global Ratings is seeking a senior analytical leader and an exceptional professional with strong analytical and communication skills to join the EMEA Infrastructure Team. As a sector lead based in the EU (London - Madrid - Paris - Milan - Stockholm), you will act in an analytical role as the S&P Global Ratings representative in EMEA markets. In addition, you will play a prominent part in global infrastructure research projects and publications. The Impact:
The Career Opportunity:
- This position will give the successful candidate the opportunity to be involved and drive the EMEA Infrastructure team communication strategy, including market outreach activities, with a focus on companies in all the major infrastructure sectors including airports, toll roads, ports, railways, renewables, power, project finance, and emerging infrastructure asset classes.
- The job includes high profile client interactions, being a representative for S&P Global Ratings at flagship market events and being the key contributor to our Global Infrastructure and Utilities research and thought leadership activities.
- The position is an outstanding research platform that will have major impact in explaining risk for existing and - most important - emerging infrastructure asset classes.
- The Sector Lead will also have massive internal impact as an analytical mentor and developer of ground-breaking analytical thinking process and talent. It is expected to work together with the EMEA Head of Infrastructure in developing a best-in-class analytical team.
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters, and each person has an essential role in our reputation of integrity, transparency, and analytical excellence. S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting the capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses, cities and states to build highways and hospitals, and manufacturers to build factories and create jobs.
- With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,400 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
Infrastructure finance is one of the fastest growing sectors of the capital markets and is a key funding source and growth driver for many areas of the economy. If you are interested in helping to facilitate this growth while challenging yourself in a fast-paced environment, this is the right position for you.
You will work in a dynamic team environment together with a team of professional specialists. As one of S&P Global Ratings most senior representatives in the EMEA market, you will also work closely with sector leads from other analytical practices in the region including Corporate, Financial Institutions and Sovereign Ratings and will have a great opportunity to be exposed to a range of markets and asset types. This will deepen and broaden your insight and knowledge into S&P Global Ratings, the leading credit rating agency in the world. To succeed, you must be comfortable with quantitative analysis and have a knack for problem solving. A proactive can-do attitude coupled with strategic thinking will serve a good starting point. Your communication skills need to be superb and a very sound analytical mindset is essential. Attention to detail and subsectors is important but the ability to see and communicate the big picture is what differentiates the Sector Lead from other leadership positions within the global Infrastructure Practice. The Team / The Business:
You will report to the Head of Infrastructure, EMEA, and be working closely with a number of highly experienced industry specialists, not only in the region but globally. We also work on transactions in partnership with other practices on a regular basis. Effective teamwork and a thoughtful approach to problem solving are highly valued.
The Global Infrastructure Practice was established by S&P Global Ratings to expand our ratings franchise in an area of strong growth and to leverage our significant global infrastructure expertise across the full range of infrastructure and energy asset classes. Analytical team members reside in 16 locations globally and work on a diverse range of transactions applying different ratings criteria. Responsibilities:
- Develop and coordinate a communication strategy for the EMEA Infrastructure team
- Represent S&P Global Ratings in high profile events and as a spokesperson on EMEA Infrastructure space
- Establish on-going dialogue with key market participants in EMEA, to build on our existing relationships and develop new relationships
- Coordinate with the head of EMEA infrastructure and the Global infrastructure leadership team, sector leads across EMEA and other regions, as well as the Market Outreach team in relation to our client facing activities
- Undertake research and analytical thought leadership pieces, working closely with other analysts to develop and lead activities in support of S&P Global Ratings published research and analysis for the EMEA Infrastructure team
- Participate in management meetings and credit committees for high profile or sensitive issuers, and support and assist senior analysts in preparing for management meetings and internal credit committees
- Participate in analytical educational meetings to provide insight on our analytical approach
- Provide knowledge and insights to analytical teams and identify key local credit and market feedback trends and escalate to the EMEA analytical leadership team
- Play a leadership role in the EMEA Infrastructure team, act as a role model, coach and train analysts in the EMEA infrastructure team and act as a point of coordination for senior management in the implementation of our market outreach plan for EMEA
- Take the lead on special projects within the Global Infrastructure team as appropriate
- Bachelor degree holder of Business, Economics, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related subject and possibly MBA, CFA or advanced degree
- Relevant industry experience, a deep understating of the EMEA Infrastructure sector and a very good knowledge of S&P ratings analytical methodologies
- 15+ years working in the EMEA financial sector, with at least 10 years focusing on credit risk within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, rating agency, or an audit company
- Have demonstrated strong communication skills that will be necessary to expand and manage relationships with key global and regional clients and influencers, and develop new relationships as part of EMEA Infrastructure market outreach activities, television and print interview experience a plus
- Have the capacity to write good and timely commentaries..
- Passion for quality and accuracy while timely delivering the message to the market
- Diligent and intellectually curious, self-starter with a strong work ethic and a drive to succeed
- Role model our values of excellence, relevance and integrity
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to stay organized, meet deadlines under pressure, and multitask
- Strong team player - the ability to think regionally and work globally in a collaborative and multicultural work environment is critical
- Must have ability to think independently and critically, and have an eye for innovation opportunities
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Fluent in English
#LI-SB1 Return to Work
Have you taken time out for caring responsibilities and are now looking to return to work? As part of our Return to Work initiative (link to career site page when available), we are encouraging enthusiastic and talented returners to apply, and will actively support your return to the workplace. Grade Level
: Grade 14 (for internal purposes) Location:
Madrid, Paris, Milan, Stockholm S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making.
We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead. As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
S&P Global has a Securities Disclosure and Trading Policy ("the Policy") that seeks to mitigate conflicts of interest by monitoring and placing restrictions on personal securities holding and trading. The Policy is designed to promote compliance with global regulations. In some Divisions, pursuant to the Policy's requirements, candidates at S&P Global may be asked to disclose securities holdings. Some roles may include a trading prohibition and remediation of positions when there is an effective or potential conflict of interest. Employment at S&P Global is contingent upon compliance with the Policy.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS201 - Senior Professional (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
270103 Posted On: