Description About this role Team Overview
The Portfolio Compliance Group (PCG) is a global group which sits within Global Accounting and Product Services ('GAAPS'), one of the essential functions within the Business Operations & Technology Group at BlackRock. Portfolio Compliance is responsible for implementing controls and processes to ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory and portfolio guidelines. The team fulfills this mission primarily by extracting, analyzing, coding and monitoring client and regulatory investment guidelines on the firm's Aladdin system. We are engaged with and provide innovative services to many other departments and functions across the firm, including: portfolio management, client services, trading, technology, operations and legal. Key Responsibilities:
- Investment guideline monitoring of both BlackRock investment funds and client mandates
- Pre-trade and Post-trade investment guideline exception investigation & resolution
- Working closely with portfolio management and other partners to ensure portfolio compliance
- Manual test execution
- Identification of investment guideline coding issues
- Becoming acquainted with BlackRock's various Aladdin applications, trade flow process, and data environment
- Investigating or troubleshooting potential errors when needed
- Participating in efficiency and improvement initiatives by providing ideas and suggestions on possible improvements to systems or processes
Knowledge / Experience:
- Exposure to multiple business organizations and investment products across BlackRock globally
- Daily interaction with key business organizations such as portfolio management, trading and client service professionals in a fast-paced team environment
- Opportunity to take responsibility and ownership for both individual projects and team goals
- Visibility in being a PCG service champion for both internal and external clients
- Exposure to global regulatory jurisdictions and frameworks
College graduates with a background in finance or similar fields are preferred. Knowledge of financial instruments and markets is helpful. Although not required, knowledge of programming languages (such as Visual Basic, C++, or Java) and an understanding of relational database concepts (including SQL) are beneficial. Skills / Qualifications: Competencies:
- Strong interpersonal skills and work ethic
- Analytical mind and approach
- Attention to detail
- Dedicated approach to issue resolution
- Ability to recognize individual and team objectives and goals
- Ability to facilitate compromise between conflicting requirements or points of view
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.