Associate, S&P Global Ratings The Locations:
New York, NY | Centennial, CO | Chicago, IL | Dallas, TX | San Francisco, CA The Team/Business:
When you join S&P Global Ratings, you join one of the world's leading providers of independent credit risk research and benchmarks. You are part of a team that produces high quality fundamental research based on established criteria, you have the opportunity to ask probing questions to senior corporate executives and interact with the global investor community.
With offices in 26 countries, rating $47.5 trillion in debt, and with nearly 1,700 credit analysts, S&P Global Ratings is an important part of the world's financial infrastructure and has played a leading role for more than 150 years in providing investors and financers the information they need to more easily, quickly, and efficiently provide capital to businesses and governments.
The Practice Groups include - Corporates, Financial Services, Infrastructure, Public Finance, and Structured Finance. The Impact:
What's in it for you:
- At S&P Global Ratings, your analytical opinion truly matters and each person who works here has an essential role in S&P Global Ratings reputation of integrity, transparency, and analytical excellence.
- S&P Global Ratings plays a vital role in bringing transparency and comparability to the financial markets and helps investors and others measure and manage credit risk.
- By supporting the capital markets, S&P Global Ratings helps people to start and grow businesses; cities and states to build highways and hospitals; and manufacturers to build factories--all while creating jobs.
- We prepare our most successful Associates to become our future senior analysts that act as spokespersons and senior analytical leaders in sector teams. A high performing Associate is likely to be considered for rating more complex and higher profile issuers, as well as for investor outreach.
- Build a career with a global company
- Grow and improve your skills by working on research and analysis with global impact
What We're Looking For:
- Perform rigorous analytical work, research, fundamental credit analysis, analysis of financial statements, building of financial models and forecasts, and writing of analytical reports on rated corporate entities
- Maintain direct analytical responsibility for a portfolio of rated corporate issuers with the guidance of a Senior Analyst
- Ongoing surveillance and rating recommendations
- Repeat analytical contact with rated entities' senior management, and presentation of analytical findings to internal and external constituencies
- MBA, MPA, JD, CFA, or other advanced degree in related field
- 3+ years of experience within a large commercial bank, investment bank, investing institution/asset manager, law firm, or an audit company working in the field of credit analysis of multinational corporations or equivalent military experience.
- Strong analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statement analysis and accounting concepts
- Proficiency with figures and the ability to maintain accuracy and be detail oriented while complying with deadlines
- Strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills
- Ability to prepare forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions
- Solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand, learn, and make a contribution.
Compensation/Benefits Information: (US ONLY)
- Solid, demonstrable credit analysis experience
- Superb, in-depth understanding of financial statement analysis
S&P Global states that the anticipated base salary range for this position is $85,700, to $170,400. Base salary ranges may vary by geographic location.
This role is eligible to receive S&P Global benefits. For more information on the benefits, we provide to our employees, visit https://spgbenefits.com/ourbenefits About Company Statement
: S&P Global delivers essential intelligence that powers decision making. We provide the world's leading organizations with the right data, connected technologies and expertise they need to move ahead.
As part of our team, you'll help solve complex challenges that equip businesses, governments, and individuals with the knowledge to adapt to a changing economic landscape. S&P Global Ratings
offers critical insights for credit, risk and sustainable finance solutions that are essential to translating complexity into clarity, so market participants can uncover opportunities.
----------------------------------------------------------- Equal Opportunity Employer
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other status protected by law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person. US Candidates Only:
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
202 - Middle Professional (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), RATNGS202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group) Job ID:
276343 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States