Portfolio Manager - ETFs & Mutual Funds
Portfolio Manager - ETFs & Mutual Funds
This is a great opportunity to join a young and innovative investment firm. Start-up personality, outstanding analytical skills, and strong work ethic are must-haves. We are looking for someone to join the Portfolio Management team. The team manages investments across multiple investment products. Candidates should have 3-7 years of experience in investment management and possess intermediate coding skills. Work from anywhere in the US.
Managing existing investment portfolios. Responsible for the implementation of investment strategies, including trading and operations, for the firms' mutual funds, ETFs, and other products. Primary responsibilities within this function will include:
- Trading securities in response to investment strategy objectives, market moves, and inflows/outflows from investment strategies Working with brokerage firms to get best execution on securities being traded Working with brokers, fund accountants, custodians, index providers, and other partners to assure funds are managed accurately and efficiently Monitoring daily market moves and understanding their impact on our portfolios Developing a strong understanding of capital markets, with a focus on options and other derivatives
Assisting in creating and building out the Portfolio Team’s technology and automation infrastructure utilizing Python, SQL, and VBA. Write and edit code that allows the Portfolio Management team to trade and manage a large and growing number of investment portfolios with a strong emphasis on building scalability while also minimizing operational risks. Assignments within this function may include:
- Creating, improving, and automating trading processes
- Managing the portfolio management database system
- Creating, improving, and automating daily/monthly/quarterly reporting processes
- Building new trading logic to accommodate the launches of new portfolios
Tertiary Responsibilities: Supporting the Product Development team in developing new investment strategies/products. Responsible for originating and structuring investment strategies that will meet our clients' overall investing and risk management needs. Assignments within this function may include:
- Monitoring markets and product trends Working with partners to gain original insights into markets Understanding potential clients' needs through collaboration with the sales team Designing, structuring, and pricing solutions through extensive research and data analysis Exploring possibility of packaging select investment solutions into asset management products Communicating efficiently with sales force to facilitate marketing and distribution of the products/investment strategies Turning investment ideas into products by collaborating with partners such as legal counsel, fund/managed account administrators, accountants, and custodians
- BS degree required (finance, computer science, engineering, or similar disciplines preferred) Minimum of one year of experience in Python and SQL preferred (preferably with an Asset Management firm) with a focus on building scalability while minimizing operational risks Minimum of three years of experience in portfolio management preferred. Knowledge of volatility and/or derivatives is a plus Strong quantitative skills and an analytical mind Expert Excel/VBA skills and report writing skills Highly articulate and organized with strong attention to detail Start-up firm mentality/entrepreneurial attitude Have strong work ethic and the ability to handle a fast-paced working environment Strong sense of personal responsibility and desire to be challenged May work remotely but must be stationed in US and work during East Coast business hours, with visits to the Washington DC area office a few times per year
ABOUT CBOE VEST
Cboe Vest was founded in 2012, based on the conviction that investors desire for more certainty in their investment outcomes is not being met adequately met. To address this market need, we created Target Outcome Investments®, which target a defined return profile, with an allowance for a specific level of risk, at a particular point in time. This unique style of investing has proven to be refreshingly popular and effective in solving investors’ problems with uncertainty. In a short period of time, Target Outcome Investments have become available as mutual funds, exchange traded funds (ETFs), unit investment trusts (UITs), collective investment trusts (CITs), Variable Insurance Trusts (VITs) and customizable managed accounts / sub-advisory services. We manage approximately $8.5 billion in assets in Target Outcome Investments, as of August 1, 2022. We have strategic partnerships with Cboe Global Markets, Inc., one of the world’s largest exchange holding companies and First Trust Portfolios LP, a leading provider of trusted investment products and advisory services. We are a young firm, growing fast and looking to expand our team to help serve our clients better. While we are headquartered in a rapidly growing area of Northern Virginia, the position will accommodate working remotely from anywhere in the US.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org