We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: JOB DESCRIPTION
Account Manager within the Asia ex-Japan Global Wealth Management team focused on business development and relationship management amongst our bank distribution partners. This position is based in Singapore.
Financial institutions across Asia are increasingly outsourcing business to investment management companies. This trend is being driven by a variety of factors - changing client demands, an emphasis on excellence and selecting best of breed managers and cost controls. Against this background, the Global Wealth Management channel continues to be a key source of business growth for PIMCO.
PIMCO is recruiting an Account Manager to assist in the promotion of the firm's activities to financial institutions - with a focus tilted towards private banks based in Singapore. In addition to providing fixed income solutions, the plan for this role is to also promote PIMCO's other solutions and capabilities which includes a leading Alternatives suite.
The sales process to financial institutions is complex, varied and demanding - there is no single approach that is applied consistently. A successful sale may in some instances be established via a single point of contact while elsewhere it may revolve around more broad based discussions involving product selection experts, sales and commercial management and thought leaders within the client or prospect firm.
Consequently, to be successful in this area, it is essential for PIMCO to recruit a team member who understands how to sell in a potentially complex environment as well as having a deep understanding of investment management and the structuring of investment solutions. In addition, they must also be able to network and influence in an effective way throughout PIMCO.
The position is viewed as a key hire to continue building PIMCO's presence amongst bank distribution partners based in Singapore. This position reports directly to the Head of Asia Wealth Management (ex-Japan). Position Requirements: RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work to develop and execute a business development and relationship management strategy amongst our bank distribution partners based in Singapore. PIMCO views this market segment as a strategic growth opportunity
- Build and maintain a detailed knowledge of key business and strategic issues facing this market segment
- Develop relationships across the strata of influential individuals at both clients and new prospects
- Acquisition and ongoing service of new and existing clients.
- Participate in formal portfolio client reviews; the AM needs to develop sufficient fixed income technical and macro expertise to represent the firm credibly
- Monitor developments in capital markets, major news releases and policy initiatives and determine any implications for client portfolios
- Marketing of the full range of PIMCO's products and services to the assigned client base with the assistance of senior investment professionals where appropriate. Development and implementation of a plan to identify prospects and raise assets across all PIMCO's products
- Ensure that all compliance and legal requirements are met and business is conducted in line with practice, taking appropriate action where necessary
- Proven record in business development and relationship management working with the bank distribution partners based in Singapore
- Stature, gravitas and seniority to operate at the highest level - internally and externally
- Outstanding sales closing, relationship management and negotiation skills. Capable of driving own agenda
- Collegiate team player, experienced and comfortable working in an international operating environment
- An understanding of the dynamics of investment management industry focused around meeting client demands. Ideally this should be at a relatively sophisticated level of knowledge
- A significant understanding of economics, capital markets and investment concepts (with an emphasis fixed income) gained from at least 6 years of experience within financial services
- Language skill appropriate to the region
- Experienced account manager focused on meeting with clients very regularly and representing the firm at key conferences, events and client meetings
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office