First VP, Functional Business Analyst, Lead
Posting Date: 07-Aug-2022
Location: Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers.
About the Department
The Retail function provides Personal and Business Banking customers with financial solutions tailored to their needs. We help them manage their money wisely and meet their financial goals through an extensive range of products and services. These include deposit, insurance, secured and unsecured loans, investment and wealth advisory services.
Personal Financial Services
We design and provide products and services that empower our customers to enjoy greater banking convenience while they extract more value from their money. In particular, we are focused on promoting and developing healthy saving and investment practices across generations.
Acting as the key interface between the users, the system analysts, the technology delivery managers and the project manager to gather information, document processes, and confirm the final documents with users.
- Lead and guide a small team of Functional Business Analysts (FBA) across domains and projects.
- Responsible to train and establish a team of cross-functional BAs under center excellence model.
Requirements Analysis & Elicitation
- Collaborate with BU Specialists to elicit and review business requirements
- Analyse and document the "to be" business and operations processes based on the agreed requirements and / or function points, perform impact assessment
- Responsible to analyse and define detailed functional and non-functional requirements based on business requirements
- Monitor and manage risks /issues related to requirements and scope creep
- Write business functional release notes and contribute to deployment plan
- Transition functional and non-functional requirements to System Analysts, and ensure a clear and complete understanding of the requirements
- Work with Test Manager to translate business requirements into test scenarios
- Facilitate / provide "Train the Trainer" on application enhancements
- Co-create "Show & Tell" sessions with BU Specialists and the users as part of change management and improving adoption rate
Testing & Scope Management
- Clarify test findings escalated by Test Manager and classify them accordingly (either as defect or change request)
- Review and prioritise all SIT and UAT defects with Test Manager, System Analysts and BU Specialists.
- Perform impact assessment and estimation for Project Change Request
- At least 10+ years of relevant banking and/or consulting experience and Process Re-engineering
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving and process design skills that can translate analysis into solutions that meet business objectives
- Understanding of technology and operational processes across functions / departments in the bank/market.
- Resourceful team player
- Familiar with change management processes and project management fundamentals
- Strategic forward thinking approach to challenges with outstanding communications, influencing, negotiating and persuasion skills
- Passionate, diligent and resilient individual with ability to thrive in ambiguity
- Experience in scoping and evaluation - Defining overall considerations, including scalability, maintainability, cost, operations and technology principal risk to provide a recommendation
- Bachelor's degree in business/ finance or equivalent
- Understanding and proven experience in Branch systems and processes such as CRM, Branch Systems and etc
- Knowledge and experience in Self Service Machines (SSMs), Siebel CRM Financial or MS Dynamics CRM (Sales and Servicing Module) is a plus
Be a part of UOB Family
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.