Sales and Use Tax Manager or Senior Analyst
The Sales and Use Tax Manager (or Senior Analyst) will be in charge of a variety of consulting and compliance items for our renewable energy assets. The company operates in many states and jurisdictions and due to the high complexity of renewables and applicable incentives and exemptions creates an exciting and unique role in a growing company. The Sales and Use Tax Manager (or Senior Analyst) will report to the Tax Director.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or similar field of study
- 3+ years tax relevant experience in a public accounting firm or within the tax function of a medium to large sized business
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Excel, and experience with Power BI, SAP preferred.
- Proficient with tax research software
- Manage all aspects of the Sales and Use tax compliance process and ensure returns are filed timely and accurately
- Responsible for working within our ERP System (SAP) to research purchases, reconcile figures and gather data
- Prepare check requests for filings
- Research, document, and respond to notices to ensure timely resolution
- Manage Sales and Use tax audits
- Research, develop guidance, and provide data inputs for business cases for renewable energy projects in a variety of states
- Perform Sales and Use tax due diligence and integration on acquisitions
- Collaborate with Procurement, Construction and other functions to achieve results
- Assist with ad hoc projects
- Continue to develop, refine and improve tax processes and controls
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle competing deadlines
- Mindset of working to improve processes to make them more efficient, enhance internal controls, etc.
- Ability to risk assess decisions and document thought process
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to collaborate cross-functional teams