As part of an expansion, the Asia Account Management team is hiring in Singapore! We are looking for an established and dynamic individual who possess expertise in the debt or credit markets, outstanding relationship building and negotiation skills, and a significant track record of sales success in an emerging market environment.
You will be accomplished in achieving success during negotiations using techniques developed in response to individual customer value propositions.
This role requires the delivery and execution of a strategic account and outreach plan for a portfolio of significant clients in assigned region. Your objective is growing issuer/debt ratings coverage and revenue opportunities for corporates and financial institutions with a strong focus on the South-East Asia ("ASEAN") region. In addition, the role will provide leadership support for the effective account management of high priority clients.
- Delivering on new rating service, revenue and cross selling targets in respect to Moody's existing clientele. Important also, is supporting the wider Relationship Management team in providing an outstanding service response to client administration issues and issuance demand.
- Undertake a systematic regional calling plan and other marketing activities aimed at extending Moody's returns from its existing client portfolio. Ensure that engagement, dialogue and customer service are targeted as appropriate at operation level and/or other levels.
- Assist in the broader business development effort for the ASEAN region by keeping abreast of market dynamics for all ratings-related opportunities and disseminating as appropriate to peers and senior management.
- Working closely with the regional Relationship Management teams, and pro-actively identify new rating opportunities from existing client relationships.
- Successfully lead sophisticated commercial negotiations, formulating recommendations for tailored service strategies to respond to market driven dynamics.
- Coordinate and lead all aspects of specific projects for the Account Management function in the region.
- Lead and be a mentor to junior team members in delivering valued customer propositions.
- Practical expertise of credit and market-related issues in an emerging markets environment
- 5+ years extensive experience building relationships at a senior level in a debt capital markets, credit rating agency, or similar role
- Outstanding negotiation and influencing skills. Strong oral/written communications and excellent interpersonal skills
- A flexible and effective approach to prioritization of multiple projects
- Management/leadership experience and/or experience operating in ASEAN a strong advantage
- Standout colleague who can collaborate with peers across the Asia Pacific region.
- For market coverage, proficiency in a South East Asian language (eg Indonesian Bahasa, Vietnamese, Malay, etc) will be useful.
- Travel within Asia required
- MBA or Masters level preferred
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody's Investors Service is among the world's most respected and widely utilized sources for credit ratings and research. Our opinions and analysis on a broad range of credit obligors and obligations are valued around the world for their insight and rigor.
At MIS, our workplace culture supports our mission to be the Agency of Choice for our customers, employees and future employees. Our Culture focuses on Excellence and embodies behavioral qualities such as Integrity, Responsiveness, Collaboration, Respect and Passion. Our people are our core asset and we look beyond outcomes to ensure that behaviors and interactions matter.