We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
- Design, build and automate scalable, performant, and secure database solutions for the firm.
- Provide production support, solutions and expertise for Oracle, Exadata and AWS RDS Oracle.
- Expertise in database replication using multiple database vendors (Sybase ASE, Oracle, SQL Server), and different technologies (Goldengate, HVR, Streams, AQ, etc).
- Ability to troubleshoot difficult production issues quickly.
- Work closely with various development teams across the firm to ensure proper use of Oracle features, best practices, and adherence to PIMCO database standards.
- Train and mentor developers in Oracle development methodology & best practices, specifically on 19c.
- Tune complex Oracle SQL proactively & reactively as required. Be able to rewrite SQL queries where necessary.
- Design, implement, and maintain capacity planning for PIMCO database systems.
- Handle DBA tickets, user requests, routine support and maintenance.
- Ability to work off hours / weekends as required.
- Ability to drive architecture decisions and communicate those to management.
- 8 years of experience as a database developer or DBA, including Oracle RDBMS 19c.
- 5 years of database development support and SQL tuning experience.
- 5 years of experience with Oracle Exadata is required
- Understands Exadata specific concepts and proven record of accomplishment in implementing Exadata specific features.
- Proves record of accomplishment of SQL skills, infrastructure automation and database tuning on VLDBs.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, problem solving, and analytical skills.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems, or equivalent
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office