Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsiblities
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks and participate in as well as contribute to all phases of the software development lifecycle including code and design reviews.
- Work closely and communicate effectively and independently with project managers, business analysts, development leads, test engineers, test managers, infrastructure engineers, data scientists, and business users.
- Participate in the analysis and requirements gathering phase and help to translate requirements into technical solutions that meet client needs and expectations.
- Design, implement, and maintain efficient, reusable, and testable code following best practices and design principles.
- Write automated unit, integration, acceptance, and performance tests to ensure the application developed works as expected.
- Debug issues, fix bugs, identify bottlenecks, and troubleshoot the application and provide third level support.
- Build, package and release software artefacts in an automated way to all environments including production.
- Be responsible for the performance, stability, reliability, and security of the developed platform.
- Proactively identify efficiency and design improvements to existing systems and processes.
- 5-10 years of technology delivery experience in backend and frontend development.
- Hands on experience writing modern single page web applications is a must. Angular preferred.
- Experience with design and system architecture for web applications.
- Experience using source code control systems and branching strategies including with hands on experience branching, merging, and releasing.
- Knowledge of data structures, design patterns, architectural styles, and API designs.
- Some experience with backend development using Java8+, Spring Boot/Batch preferred.
- Good unit-testing/mocking discipline (TDD++).
- Experience with Git.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.