Responsibilities of an Incident Response Specialist:
- From initial escalation to after-action reporting, lead and coordinate the investigation effort for cyber security incidents.
- Support incident response investigation, conduct live response analysis, network analysis, log analysis, and malware triage.
- Communicate investigative progress, findings, opportunities, and challenges to the Incident Management team effectively.
- Manage the intake of incidents and reports from internal customers in a timely and accurate manner, using the internal ticketing system.
- Ability to identify and triage security incidents such as Malware, Phishing, and Web Attacks.
Requirements of an Incident Response Specialist:
- At least 3 years of Enterprise Incident Response and/or Security Operations Centre experience
- At Least 3 years of experience with standard Enterprise-class security stack (eg: Firewall, IDS/IPS, Antivirus or SIEM etc.)
- Technical understanding of Cyber Security and Incident Response foundations, theory and terminology
- Experience with Splunk or ELK/Elastic will be a plus
Selby Jennings is a Trading Style of Phaidon International (License number 16S8194)