Within the framework of enlarging our client base and increasing product penetration among our clients, you will be responsible for managing overall client relationships by leading with insights, conveying a vision and steering Moody's solutions strategically for broad enterprise-wide adoption. Moody's Analytics sales force is organized to emphasize a team sales culture. Relationship Managers are charged with defining and executing their portfolio business plan, as well as proactively leading sales strategies, which includes leading a team of Sales Reps and Solutions Specialists, Finance and Legal representatives to articulate and demonstrate Moody's Analytics' value proposition in the context of our Clients' needs.
As a RM, you will be expected to find new opportunities within SEA territory(s)/account(s) assigned, direct other sales reps, and lead contract negotiations on behalf of Moody's Analytics. You are responsible for overall account management within a defined portfolio of clients. The RM's primary constituency is large Tier 1 and Tier 2 Banks. Candidates with relevant experience and account management skills may be deployed to manage a set of high networth Strategic Accounts. RMs are responsible for retaining and growing existing revenue streams with a strong focus on cross-selling and upselling the Moody's Analytics suite of solutions. Responsibilities:
- Grow relationships strategically covering a defined portfolio with senior client stakeholders at Board and C Suite-Level.
- Convey the Moody's Analytics value proposition, and deliver on sales targets for both new and recurring revenue through a combination of:
- Excellent C-level relationship & client engagement
- Selling additional services to existing clients
- Selling new products and solutions
- Re-inforce value proposition to retain and grow client relationships
- Significant meeting activities
- Leading, advancing, and negotiating sales to closing
- Maintain high level of product knowledge
- Gain and maintain familiarity with client organization and processes to help direct them towards the appropriate Moody's solution set
- Manage sales cycles using coordination and communication skills to involve sales specialist where appropriate
- Provide current forecasts and pipeline information to management
- Introduce leads to other business units where appropriate
- Bachelor's degree required. Specialization not necessary but candidate with banking, economics, risk and finance knowledge/experience will have good advantage
- Minimum 10 years of sales and/or relationship management experience, preferably within the financial services sector. Have local markets knowledge and senior stakeholders connections in SEA countries.
- Proven track record of sales capability
- A credit or capital markets background would be preferred but not required
- Experience working within or selling into financial markets. Solid demonstrated understanding of the financial markets
- Ability to identify opportunities to cross-sell Moody's products and solutions
- Ability to sell on a needs/solutions approach
- Ability to close deals effectively in a timely manner
- Ability to work independently while also demonstrating excellent team-working skills
- High level of commitment
- Excellent communication skills, including listening skills
- Excellent senior client stakeholders relationship building, inter-personal and organizational skills are a prerequisite
- Planning and organizational skills
- Willingness to travel approximately 50% of the time when safe business travel is permitted. The role requires visiting many prospects and clients within assigned markets in South East Asia.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Moody's (NYSE: MCO) is a global integrated risk assessment firm that empowers organizations to make better decisions. Our data, analytical solutions and insights help decision-makers identify opportunities and manage the risks of doing business with others. We believe that greater transparency, more informed decisions, and fair access to information open the door to shared progress. Moody's combines international presence with local expertise and over a century of experience in financial markets. Learn more at moodys.com .
At Moody's, we're taking action. We're hiring diverse talent and providing underrepresented groups with equitable opportunities in their careers. We're educating, empowering and elevating our people, and creating a workplace where each person can be their true selves, reach their full potential and thrive on every level. Learn more about our DE&I initiatives, employee development programs and view our annual DE&I Report at moodys.com/diversity
Moody's Analytics provides financial intelligence and analytical tools supporting our clients' growth, efficiency and risk management objectives. The combination of our unparalleled expertise in risk, expansive information resources, and innovative application of technology, helps today's business leaders confidently navigate an evolving marketplace.