Description About this role Team Overview:
BlackRock's Global Trading organization was established with the goals of enhancing trading standards across asset classes, streamlining, and leveraging counter-party relationships, attracting, and retaining top trading talent in the industry, and developing a One BlackRock culture around trading activities.
Partnering with portfolio management and regional leadership teams, Global Trading strives to deliver benefits of scale, enhance processes and transparency, improve trading performance, and drive innovation to provide tangible benefits to our clients, investment professionals and shareholders. In order to achieve enhanced trading execution across the firm, Global Trading will also partner closely with their technology partners.
The GT Analytics & Data Science team is chiefly responsible for building, measuring, monitoring and embedding execution quality metrics into the management of the Trading teams and businesses. Team members partner with various stakeholders within and outside of Trading and own the life cycle of gathering business requirements, defining suitable metrics, driving business consensus and adoption and ensuring delivery of reports and framework.
We also collaborate with DS teams in BlackRock to develop analytics & frameworks using DS methodologies relevant to various trading desks and share them with our business stakeholders using industry leading Visualization tools like Tableau. Responsibilities:
- Partner with various business stakeholders within and outside of BlackRock's Global Trading group to solve specific business problems that involve building out metrics, analysis, and reporting. Own the end to end life cycle from business requirements to delivery
- Drive the design and adoption of performance metrics within all Trading groups
- Understand various transaction cost metrics and drive usage within Global Trading
- Work with Trading Management to drive key initiatives forward e.g. Best Ex reporting
- Help evaluate broker performance by generating quarterly scorecards for top brokers
- Build both global trading metrics and work with individual trading desks to address their specific product or work flow needs
- Work with varied groups within Global Trading, such as Capital Markets, TRIM etc. to drive common and consistent solutions
- Be the Global Trading interface to other groups within BlackRock to help determine the appropriate trading metrics to share with various groups for their purposes e.g. Client Reporting, Regulatory reporting
- 3-5 years for Analyst and 6-8 Years of experience for Associate
- 3+ years for Analysts and 5+ years of hands-on SQL experience on any RDBMS for Associate
- 3+ years' experience in the Financial services industry, in a Data Analytics role or a Developer position close to the trading/Investments workflow with knowledge of various asset classes(Equity, Fixed Income, FX etc.)
- 3+ years development experience in Python[Knowledge of working on creating ETL frameworks would be preferred]
- 3+ years of Hands-on experience using a BI tool(Preferably Tableau) to visualize data
- Excellent communication skills, with an inclination for business user interaction
- Aptitude in Data Science, Machine Learning & strong preference to work in applied projects
- Exposure to Cloud architecture (Azure preferably) or Cloud schemas (Snowflake)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to multitask & prioritize deliverables.
- Experience in working collaboratively across various groups, time zones and regions
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.