Identify, contribute, challenge and lead Project Management responsibilities for the region covering the CCIB client engagement activities to achieve the strategic objective of the IBOR Programme i.e. to transition away from LIBOR/IBOR to Alternate Reference Rates as adopted by the regulators.
The role-holder is responsible to lead / support initiatives within the IBOR Transition Programme impacting CCIB clients and GAMs / FAMs / Sales reps, at the same time be the champion on project management activities, driving a value-driven change management approach. A multi-faceted candidate is sought who
Key Responsibilities are
- Demonstrates a dynamic role which can shift between change manager / product owner / project manager / business analyst depending on the regional requirement for CCIB client engagement.
- Ensures business needs are well understood and delivered.
- Supports/leads project management and change management activities ensuring business readiness.
- Leads by example change management best practice on initiatives driven by the CCIB Client Engagement workstream.
- Maintains a balanced approach in project management and change delivery that aims to maximise ROI, minimize rework, and ensure solutions are built for the long term.
- Raises awareness and understanding of change management best practice (within/beyond the bank).
- Ensures roles and responsibilities defined are observed and hence drive the right level of accountability.
Regulatory and Business Conduct
- Conduit between the IBOR Central Team, GAMs and FAMs.
- Review Client Data Quality and updates when client information may change.
- Liaison with the CCIB Outreach Team.
- Liaison with GAM / FAM and relevant product sales teams.
- Sourcing SME Knowledge (with the IBOR Central Team).
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Leverage the opportunity provided by Corporate Social Responsibility to enhance the Group's internal and external reputation and indirectly influence the bottom line.
- Promote the Group's brand and Here for good with clients and regulators.
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Maintain effective communication with key stakeholders and staff.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Regional GAM / FAM / Product reps managing CCIB client relationships.
- Regional GB / CB Product MT members.
- Country Business Heads, regional / Country COOs and their representatives.
- IBOR Central team.
- Workstream / PSC leads and Project Managers for the CCIB Client Engagement workstream.
- CCIB Client Outreach Team.
- The broader IBOR Programme team.
The candidate must be a self-motivated, proactive and resourceful with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment against an uncertain regulatory back-drop. Additional qualifications:
Role Specific Technical Competencies Business Facilitation
- Broad understanding of LIBOR / IBOR transition.
- Good knowledge of CCIB client requirements.
- 8 plus years' experience / knowledge preferred in project and change management principles, approaches, methodologies, tools and phases of the project lifecycle (both Waterfall and Agile).
- Preferably PMP / Agile Project Management.
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.) PowerPoint, MS Outlook, Visio, and Microsoft Project desirable.
- Previous experience working on a regulatory transformation initiative.
- Excellent multitasking and prioritizing skills.
- Resilient and tenacious, able to deliver amidst ambiguity and tight timelines.
- Ability to clearly articulate complex issues concisely and problem-solving skills.
- Able to look at issues holistically and to propose effective solutions that exhibit sound judgment, risk management, and business understanding.
- Strong ability to influence people without direct authority.
- Able to work and communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with cross-functional teams spread across multiple geographies.
- Strategic thinker with sharp analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Experience communicating to and influencing a variety of audiences with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strives to do the "right thing", not just the "easy thing".
- Must be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others.
- Is effective in unifying and creating teams of people with disparate skills and personalities.
- Is courageous and decisive, prioritises effectively, maintains a clear focus and sees action through to delivery.
- Builds trust and demonstrates integrity in all circumstances.
Business Governance and Support
- Leading initiatives to improve Client experience, efficiency, and cost management.
- Manage Risk.
- Manage Projects.
About Standard Chartered
- Projects investment governance, product, and process governance, headcount, and cost management, etc.
- Manage People.
We're an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we've worked to make a positive difference for our clients, communities, and each other. We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you're looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can't wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity , together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours . When you work with us, you'll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion. Together we:
In line with our Fair Pay Charter,
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
Recruitment assessments -
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off including annual, parental/maternity (20 weeks), sabbatical (12 weeks maximum) and volunteering leave (3 days), along with with minimum global standards for annual and public holiday, which is combined to 30 days minimum
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies - everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you've applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/careers