Checkout.com is one of the most exciting and valuable fintechs in the world, with our Series D taking our valuation to $40 billion. Our mission is to enable businesses and their communities to thrive in the digital economy. We're the strategic payments partner for some of the best known fast-moving brands globally such as Wise, Hut Group, Sony Electronics, Homebase, Henkel, Binance, Klarna and many others. Purpose-built with performance and scalability in mind, our flexible cloud-based payments platform helps global enterprises launch new products and create experiences customers love. And it's not just what we build that makes us different. It's how.
We empower passionate problem-solvers to collaborate, innovate and do their best work. That's why we're number 9 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list and on Glassdoor's list of Top 10 fintechs to work for. And we're just getting started. We're building diverse and inclusive teams around the world - because that's how we create even better experiences for our merchants and our partners. And we need your help. So, join us to build tomorrow, today. About us
Launched in 2012, Checkout.com is a leading international provider of online payment solutions. Checkout.com is built on 100% proprietary technology and handles every part of the payment process, providing complete transparency across the entire payment value chain. We currently process 150+ currencies and offer access to all international cards and popular local payment methods to merchants through one integration. Customers in our portfolio include international businesses like Samsung, Transferwise, Hopper, Virgin and Adidas. Our mission is to partner with smart businesses to optimize their payments, increase revenue and meet the dynamic needs of their customers. We are building a unique work environment where our people aspire to solve complex problems and deliver valuable solutions. We believe that excellence can be achieved through a dynamic culture driven by collaboration and teamwork. About the team - Gateway
The Gateway is the core of the journey for all merchants processing through Checkout.com. As the customer-facing component of the payment processing flow, downtime, errors, and delays in processing directly translate into lost revenue for our merchants. Because of this, performance, reliability, scalability, and visibility are the development principles that the team lives by. The Gateway team is responsible for providing merchants with a unified API for processing payments, enabling card tokenization, smart routing to acquirers, productizing acquiring functionality, and much more. About the role
A leadership mentality is required as you will own the entire payment processing component of the Gateway flow as well as leading a team of both engineers and engineering managers. The ideal candidate is passionate and spirited, customer focused, lives and breathes Agile, and firmly believes in creating clean, testable code.
If the challenges facing a fast-scaling, technically focused company interest you, hopefully, you can make a great impact here! About You
What you will be doing
- You are a compassionate and supportive leader
- 5+ years experience leading a technical engineering team
- Ability to translate complex technical concepts and requirements to non-technical audiences
- Proven experience developing, leading, and implementing an agile mindset within an engineering team
- Superb communication skills, ability to interact effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Solid experience in Software Development, Design, and Architecture
- Strong experience with .NET Core and ASP.NET Core preferred
- Enjoy learning new skills and using the best tools for the job
- Strong knowledge and application of software design patterns
- Exposure to scalable and high throughput software
- Excellent practical knowledge of OOP concepts and SOLID principles
- Solid understanding of HTTP and RESTful design
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with Unit and Integration testing
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployment workflows
- Cloud-based application development experience (we use AWS)
- Fluent in English
What we stand for
- Designing, developing, and delivering new features on our RESTful API and related services
- Collaborating with globally distributed and multidisciplinary teams
- Assisting requirements identification and producing specifications
- Creating and maintaining a development environment for efficient testing and integration
- Assisting QA to define acceptance tests
- Supporting the creation and maintenance of technical documentation
- Participating in team knowledge management and making recommendations for continuous improvement of SDLC
- Contributing and adhering to API coding standards, best practices, and procedures
- Line managing engineers and engineering Managers, supporting them in terms of career development and interpersonal skills.
- Leading and mentoring teammates
- Establishing a vision, roadmap, and quarterly plans (OKRs)
- Frequently communicate with stakeholders (product and engineering teams), using feedback to define roadmap, planning, and requirements
- Taking the lead in hiring strategy, ensuring the team is scaling to meet growth/delivery demands
- Building strong relationships with engineers, managers, and product leads across multiple teams
At Checkout.com, everything starts with our values, including the experience we offer our people. #Aspire
We supercharge your professional growth with career development programs and leadership training. You can learn your way, with tailored pathways and online platforms. And be inspired at relevant conferences. #Excel
We don't stop at 'good' here. We strive for excellence amongst our teams every day and recognize colleagues who take it to the next level through our quarterly peer-nominated Hero awards. #Unite
We're proud of our global connections and inclusive environment. So we champion this through our colleague-led community groups and celebrate many cultural events together. Want to see us in action? Take a peek inside here . More about Checkout.com
Our technology makes payments seamless. We provide the fastest, most reliable payments in more than 150 currencies, with in-country acquiring, world-class fraud filters and reporting, through one API. And we can accept all major international credit and debit cards, as well as popular alternative and local payment methods. Checkout.com launched in 2012, and we now have a team of 1800 people across 19 international offices. To date, we've raised a total of $1.8 billion, with our Series D valuing us at $40 billion. We believe in equal opportunities
We work as one team. Wherever you come from. However you identify. And whichever payment method you use.
Our clients come from all over the world - and so do we. Hiring hard-working people and giving them a community to thrive in is critical to our success.
When you join our team, we'll empower you to unlock your potential so you can do your best work. We'd love to hear how you think you could make a difference here with us.
We want to set you up for success and make our process as accessible as possible. So let us know in your application, or tell your recruiter directly, if you need anything to make your experience or working environment more comfortable. We'll be happy to support you.