Description About this role Portfolio Accounting Associate
Are you a portfolio accounting professional searching for a rewarding, challenging, multi-faceted opportunity with the world's largest asset manager? Do you pride yourself on building positive relationships and bringing strategic visions to fruition? Then look no further! BlackRock is pursuing an Associate to join our group!
Our Vision statement is to remain an outstanding partner at BlackRock, and be a trusted partner to internal and external clients delivering superior accounting and performance services that enhance the client experience. We will deliver scale efficiency through a globally consistent Aladdin platform and use technology to automate and improve our controls.
Our Portfolio Accounting Team handles NAV calculation and Performance measurement for a large number of institutional separate accounts and retail funds. This includes analysis/comparison with third parties, collaboration with the Pricing and Cash and Asset Groups to ensure minimal risk in portfolio accounting calculations caused by NAV-impacting exceptions. Primary Job Responsibilities:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Conduct portfolio valuations, performance calculation and analysis for Institutional portfolios using Aladdin Accounting platform;
- Work closely with upstream teams such as Cash reconciliation, Trade operations, Data Integrity Groups and Portfolio managers to ensure accuracy of the jobs remit;
- Support Portfolio Management Group (PMG) and Institutional Client Business group (ICB) in resolving portfolio valuation and performance related queries;
- Work with clients effectively by supporting Client Business in servicing client requirements on a regular basis or on special projects;
- Prepare and provide extensive reconciliation with custodian banks and accounting agents to prevent/resolve NAV/Performance discrepancies;
- Lead all aspects of the preparation and review of holdings/market value reconciliations using Aladdin Reconciliation Tool to reconcile positions, prices, market value and accruals;
- Coordinate the re-engineering of BlackRock's operating environment and participate in various automation projects to enhance productivity and controls;
- Involved in the training process of newly hired professionals and interns, as well as testing and implementation of the straight-thru-processing research and reconciliation tools;
- Assist in conducting and implementing procedures and controls to ensure GIPS, SOX, RCSA and SOR Audit requirements.
- Proven experience in performance measurement, fund accounting and/or operations;
- Proficient in the working knowledge of Equity and Fixed Income securities and derivative products;
- Works well in a team environment with an entrepreneurial spirit that is willing to build on additional responsibilities quickly;
- Good knowledge of Excel. SQL and VBA experience desirable but not necessary;
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, high-intensity environment, with excellent analytical, written and oral communications skills.
- Strong client service skills and a passion for delivering service excellence
- Highly proactive, willing to take ownership of issues and follow through to resolution
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.