Senior Operations Analyst
7 days left
PURPOSE OF POSITION
This position is responsible for the execution of superior operational standards for the clients of Disciplined Growth Investors. Position is an analyst position to an existing operational staff which possess a high degree of cumulative knowledge. The objective of the position is to extend the next generation of operational leadership. The ideal candidate will demonstrate significant personal initiative and a deep capacity for learning and problem solving.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Manage and maintain data integrity of Advent Portfolio Exchange and Moxy Trading (varies from booking dividend accruals, custody transactions, index rates, security pricing, tax withholding rates, STIF rates, corporate actions, etc)
- Play a key role in the firm’s migration to external hosting of Advent applications and back office outsourcing
- Manage vendor relationship and ensure achievement of operational standards by back office outsourcing vendor
- Perform daily portfolio cash, position, and cost basis reconciliation as well as resolving any problems that arise during the reconciliation process
- Assist with private fund accounting tasks including posting transactions to portfolio accounting system, verifying transactions, and reporting / audit support
- Backup for trade settlement and daily reconciliation in a multi-custodial environment
- Ad Hoc/custom report creation using Advent Replang, Report Writer Pro and SSRS
- New account setup, account maintenance, including the closing of accounts
- Monthly composite review, composite maintenance, and performance updates
- Manage annual external GIPS verification
- Send weekly ad-hoc custodian reporting as well as monthly adhoc reports to custody
- Create and maintain interested party contacts in APX and Salesforce for client service
- Create and maintain client reporting packages in APX
- Create and maintain new clients on Client Portal and upload monthly, quarterly, and annual statements.
- Print Partnership statements for quarterly mailing
- Maintain security and account restrictions and distributions in Rules Manager
- Run batch files containing scripted monthly and quarterly reports for client service to distribute
- Download and save all custodian statements on a monthly basis
- Perform other duties as assigned and required
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of Advent Software products such as APX and Moxy required.
- Ability to troubleshoot and enhance our current Advent systems (APX, Moxy, Rules Manager) to create operational efficiencies.
- Detailed focused, able to multi-task, and prioritize and work in a deadline environment.
- Interest in expanding knowledge and skills.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and financial industry software applications.
- Knowledge/experience with SQL server, SSRS and Visual Basic.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with staff and other investment professionals.
- Outstanding judgement, drive, intellectual curiosity, humility, creativity, and the capacity to get things done
- Senior Operations Analyst: 10 years of investment adviser operations experience required
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Competitive salary and bonus opportunity commensurate with skills and experience
- Employer-paid health insurance, flex-spending plan and available dental insurance
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match
- Unlimited vacation time with satisfactory job performance
- Employer-paid continuing education
- Dependent post-secondary education benefit