Some of the key responsibilities will include
To be eligible for this role you will require
- Performs overall legal entity controlling function, which includes review of trade and cash reconciliation, month-end closing, preparation of statutory accounts and liaising with external auditors, monitoring and reporting regulatory capital and other requirements, substantiating other key product related balances, providing tax provision etc.
- Responsible for calculating and monitoring daily risk based capital adequacy requirements of the MAS licensed entity and quarterly submission of the required filings.
- Advises the management unit business partners on all financial-related matters including financial planning and monitoring of regulatory capital.
- Provides the business partners with proactive analysis and advice to drive strategy and profitability utilising internal and external data sources.
- Liaises with the rest of the finance team locally, globally and at head office to ensure accurate and timely financial reporting at all levels.
- Understands and be aware of market and regulatory developments and their implications on the business.
- Works closely with group finance teams including Group Financial Control, Group Treasury, Finance Change, and Business Finance (Management Reporting, Financial Performance and Planning, Technology Finance) to ensure streamlined controls and processes exists within the controlling entity.
- Leads and manages projects related to setting up of new businesses in a Singapore trading entity as part of Singapore Expansion initiative by becoming key finance liaison; new products may include wealth management products, various forms of OTC derivatives and structured notes.
- Minimum 5 years experience in a relevant role within Financial Services - can consider candidates currently in Big 4 who has experience auditing Financial Services institutions / CMS Licensed firms.
- Financial Reporting experience with knowledge of IFRS.
- Basic understanding of financial markets products (e.g cash equities).
Please contact Ernest Khoo or email your cv directly in word format with job reference no. Jo0000007384 to bankingandfinance-SG@theedgepartnership.com.
Please note that due to the high number of applications only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not hear from us in the next 5 business days, we regret to inform you that your application for this position was unsuccessful.
EA License: 16S8131
Recruiter License: R22108248