We are a leading global asset management firm with over 3,000 employees across 20 offices in 15 countries; we help millions of investors around the world pursue their financial goals.
We hire critical thinkers. People who thrive in a collaborative culture like ours where we solve real problems while building the future of finance. You
- Are excited to be part of a vibrant engineering community that values diversity, hard work, and continuous learning.
- Love solving complex real-world business problems.
- Recognize that cross-functional collaboration is a core component of success for the team.
- Believe there are multiple ways to solve most technical problems and are willing to debate the trade-offs.
- Have become a stronger engineer by making mistakes and learning from them.
- Are a doer, someone who wants to grow their career and gain experience across technologies and business functions.
- Continuously invest in a high-performance and inclusive culture, in which a diversity of backgrounds, experiences and viewpoints are celebrated and valued.
- Encourage career mobility, so you can benefit from learning different functions and technologies, and we gain the benefits of your experience across teams.
- Run technology pro bono programs that help the non-profit community and give our engineering community opportunities to volunteer and participate.
- Offer education reimbursements and ongoing training in technology, communication, and diversity & inclusion.
- Embrace knowledge sharing through lunch-and-learns, demos, and technical forums.
- Consider our people to be our greatest asset-we will help you learn what PIMCO Technology has to offer so you can participate in activities that benefit your career while delivering impactful technology solutions.
Our Reference Data team delivers core datasets powering the investment lifecycle. Every instrument we trade, every financial benchmark we manage our portfolios against and valuations of every single holding of our firm are examples of critical datasets managed by the reference data platform. We are transforming this platform and are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to partner with us on this journey.
What will you be doing:
- You will be rewriting/refactoring complex legacy code with a plethora of technical challenges - into high quality software running on AWS
- Make thoughtful strategic technical decisions about components, design and architecture. You will think through second and third degree consequences of such decisions.
- You will set a high standard for software craftsmanship for yourself as well as the team.
- You will set the technical strategy for the product and execute on that strategy
What you should expect:
- Technical autonomy - you will be making significant decisions (and *not*) decisions
- Technical Ownership- you will be ultimately accountable for the technical maturity of the product under your ownership
- An open and collaborative work environment where debate is encouraged (and expected)
- You will have the support of a team of Junior Engineers, who will be look to you for technical leadership and guidance
- 10+ years of technical experience with modern technologies
- 5+ years of experience in designing REST services using java/.Net/Python
- 1+ years of experience with public cloud technologies and cloud native development principles (AWS preferred)
- Strong conceptual understanding of designing solutions and algorithms
- Working knowledge of code versioning tools, such as SVN or Git
- Working knowledge of implementing test driven development
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience in Asset Management and/or Financial Services
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office