- Meets sales goals as defined by Sales and Distribution Management, using activities such as phone contacts, email, and conference calls.
- Plans day and multi-tasks outbound calls, projects, campaigns and incoming calls. Identifies and pursues leads generated from referrals, ad campaigns and region canvassing.
- Learns, understands and is able to present all Calamos strategies and products across multiple channels and platforms while keeping abreast of competing strategies and products.
- Enhances and builds upon relationships through effective proactive telephone calls and contact follow-up, as well as handling specific questions and resolving account problems.
- Logs all contacts each day as they are made in the CRM system, including: inbound/outbound calls, voicemails, email, literature, conference calls, etc.
- Employs the use of third party databases such as Russell and Morningstar Direct, to help provide sales solutions to advisors.
- Consistently works to deepen existing relationships with financial advisors, divisional and regional representatives, and analysts to increase both our value added support to them and their sales to Calamos.
- Uses all available lists for contacting advisors and continually reaches out to advisors to cross-sell the strategies they are not currently using.
- Consistently asks for referrals or prospect off of top producer lists to find new advisor relationships.
- Maintains database for accurate and current information on advisors and branch networks.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred in business or other related discipline. In lieu of a degree, equivalent work experience is required.
- 3 to 5 years of work experience in the Financial Services industry required.
- Securities Industry Essentials (SIE) exam, Series 63 and 6/7 licenses preferred.
- Must be able to perform heavy phone work daily.
- Must have outstanding written and verbal communication skills, superior sales skills and an excellent client service aptitude and attitude.
- Must be able to work well in a team environment with the ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- PC Skills in Microsoft Excel, Word and sales database applications.