Product Development Associate
- Develop and maintain a suite of automated reporting tools to inform the product development process and analyze the existing product line, with a focus on the following areas:
- Product performance and characteristics
- Fee landscape and pricing competitiveness
- Asset growth and distribution landscape
- Domestic and International trends
- Distribution opportunity analysis
- Collaborate with Product Management & Analytics and Marketing teams to create and update sales collateral.
- Synthesize industry trends and themes into concise analysis to share with internal partners and provide insights into product development initiatives.
- Fulfill ad hoc requests from distribution teams and other departments on request for product related inquires, such as product characteristics and creation of ad hoc prospecting materials and sales ideas.
- Research and understand the global distribution landscape with a focus on multiple product structures, such as open-end mutual funds, closed-end mutual funds, UCITS and Separately Managed Accounts.
- Provide support to Product Team leadership in developing and updating executive presentations.
- Bachelor’s degree required preferably in Finance or other related discipline.
- Minimum 3+ years of work experience, with experience in the asset management industry. Experience in product roles a plus.
- Work toward CFA, CAIA or CFP designations. Series 6 and/or 7 licenses required.
- Broad investment and industry knowledge, with an understanding of the institutional and retail client needs, market trends and competitive landscape.
- Ability to develop compelling ideas and messaging to support product suite.
- High attention to detail with well-developed analytical and problem solving skills. Able to interpret data from analytical software such as Morningstar Direct, Zephyr, Strategic Insights, eVestment Alliance, etc.
- Team player with client service mindset. Able to also work independently to complete and manage reports, analyses and projects from start to finish. Self-starter with a sense of urgency, personal responsibility, and accountability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.