Senior Product Management Associate
- Develop a product assessment plan for Calamos products, including product planning and road-mapping and ensuring that product strengths are well defined and articulated. Ensures that each product has a strong base of core product marketing and client material, that are consistently reviewed and updated.
- Drive product positioning and promote products in collaboration with multiple departments. Partners with Marketing, Investment Team and other internal resources on the design and creation of ad hoc prospecting materials and sales ideas. Work with product and channel marketing as a central idea source for content and areas of improvement.
- Prepare and deliver presentations that convey complex investment concepts to external and internal clients. Develop training initiatives to educate sales team on product features and positioning.
- Develops and maintains a complete understanding of competing fund features and benefits to draw competitive advantages of our products.
- Fulfills ad hoc requests from distribution teams and other departments on request for product related inquires, such as product characteristics and creation of ad hoc prospecting materials and sales ideas. This includes requests that relate to multiple product structures, such as open-end mutual funds, closed-end mutual funds, UCITS and Separately Managed Accounts.
- Responsible for oversight and quality control of product presentations, fact sheets and all other collateral related to products on the Calamos product platform.
- Provides support in new product development and product rationalization projects, by gathering research and preparing reports on industry/competitor analysis, product positioning and other industry developments.
- Partner with RFP and database team to ensure a consistent product messaging and positioning.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance or other related discipline.
- Minimum 5+ years of work experience, with experience in the asset management industry. Experience in product management a plus.
- Work toward CFA, CAIA or CFP designations.
- Series 6 and/or 7 licenses required.
- Broad investment and industry knowledge, with an understanding of the institutional and retail client needs, market trends and competitive landscape.
- Ability to develop compelling ideas and messaging to support product suite.
- High attention to detail with well-developed analytical and problem solving skills. Able to interpret data from analytical software such as Morningstar Direct, Zephyr, Strategic Insights, eVestment Alliance, etc.
- Team player with client service mindset. Able to also work independently to complete and manage reports, analyses and projects from start to finish. Self-starter with a sense of urgency, personal responsibility, and accountability.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint.