Our client are a leading global Investment Management firm whose investments include global equities, global emerging markets and Asia Pacific equities, direct and listed infrastructure, fixed income and multi-asset solutions, systematic equities and listed propertyDescription
The Risk Manager will be responsible for:
- Presenting, developing and maintaining global Risk Management Framework.
- Oversight of risks and issues, including independent review, assurance and timely reporting to key stakeholders (e.g. boards, committees, regulators), in relation to the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Coordinate and manage the effective recording, analysis and reporting of risk incidents.
- Contributing to the development of appropriate systems / tools to measure and report on key risk management metrics and support reporting to subsidiary boards, and leadership teams where appropriate.
- Developing and monitoring key risk indicators and scorecards for various risks and obligations to measure business performance against risk appetite.
- Assisting reporting, insight and information on the risk management performance including the provision of recommendations and suggested improvements.
- Represent Risk Management team on projects and change initiatives, new product developments and client transitions, as required.
The Risk Manager should have the following skills:
- Sound Risk Management knowledge within the asset management industry, ideally within an international setting.
- Flexibility in approach, ability to adapt practices, effectively react to internal and external events and activities
- Willingness and 'can do' attitude to get involved in current, routine and new activities
- Achieve quick and considered decision making and embrace change.
- Pro-active approach to tasks and to be accountable and take ownership for things.
- Attention to detail and the ability to constructively resolve problems and improve processes and procedures
- Good judgement regarding prioritisation of tasks; taking the lead; and escalation
- Well-developed interpersonal skills - articulate and able to influence.
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Advanced PC literacy, proficient in the use of all Microsoft applications
Salary of £70k-£80k plus attractive benefits package