Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
The Unit Pricing & Asset Servicing Manager is responsible for leading the Unit Pricing and Asset Servicing teams.
The teams provide effective, efficient and scalable Fund Administration services to the UK's insurance and investment businesses as well as other group companies and third party clients in respect to Assets Under Administration of c£35bn
Responsible for daily pricing of insured funds and quality of asset data including both valuation and qualitative data.
The role will ensure the maintenance of a professional quality service in line with internal policies and external regulations that meet client expectations and industry view of Best Practice.
Evidenced by timely publication of unit prices, high quality asset data, minimal business errors / losses as well as contributions to Continuous Process Improvement.
This position is being recruited within the SMCR regulations.
- Lead, manage and develop the Unit Pricing and Asset Servicing teams ensuring high quality, professional services are provided to all European insurance businesses (including third party clients), the wealth management business (UK and International) and the Investment Management businesses in London and Dublin.
- Leading the delivery of professional Fund Administration services in a controlled and timely manner.
- Oversee services to agreed standards (SLAs) and provide direction and guidance to motivated, team members which enables the department to grow in ability and technical depth that creates a culture of continuous improvement ensuring the control environment remains fit for purpose.
• Accurate daily unit prices of insured funds
• Timely set up of new assets and ensuring qualitative data remains complete and accurate for internal and external reporting (eg. SII QRT's)
• Ensuring source of asset prices remains appropriate considering both need for accuracy and also cost of data
• Accurate processing of income and corporate actions across all asset types and systems (i.e. both Platform and Insured Funds)
- Support effective risk management, creating a strong risk culture and operating in line with Canada Life's risk strategy, preferences, policies and processes to improve the certainty around achieving our business and customer objectives.
- Oversee process and control framework for populating European Data Repository with Investment data ensuring data quality targets are met in terms of timeliness, completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure external operational relationships such as with the Custodian, 3rd Party Administrators, Fund Managers and Data Vendors etc are appropriately managed and maintained.
- Build collaborative working relationships with other internal areas in order to develop and maintain service levels as required
- Devise appropriate Operational performance indicators (KPI's & KRI's) and Balanced Scorecard data and use such MI to drive results in terms of improved performance.
- Measures will not only help to improve service delivery and mitigate risk but should also include analysis that supports control and reduction of expenses.
- Provide technical expertise and oversee the management, training and development of teams and procedure notes keeping both up to date with regulatory, industry and internal requirements as appropriate.
- Manage the input into ICOFR, RCSA and Policy attestation for Unit Pricing & Asset Servicing in addition to internal and external audit requirements.
- Ensure change is managed effectively in the area including strategic change (eg. onboarding from acquisitions) and operational change (eg. New Funds) through appropriate change control processes.
- Oversee planning and implementing of changes in order to comply with regulations or enhance services.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Relevant Financial Services, Asset Servicing and Fund Pricing/NAV experience and knowledge pertaining to these functions and their processes in a Fund administration environment.
- Experience of taking responsibilities for managing a pool of resources efficiently and effectively either in an operational or project environment.
- Experience of working with the Multifonds, ICON, Bloomberg AIM/terminal systems or similar as well as experience/working knowledge of Collective Investment Income from a Life/Pension fund perspective would be beneficial.
- An excellent communicator that is proactive as well as an effective team player.
- Ability to work accurately and effectively in a pressurised project environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively and independently, being proactive in using initiative and demonstrating commitment to getting the job done and take personal responsibility for the delivery of results.
- A driven and logical approach to managing issues and solving problems is required.
- It is expected the successful candidate will be able to understand and apply new processes quickly and effectively as well as identifying how the process fits into the wider process.
Qualifications Requirements (Essential)
- 5 GCSE's A-C including Maths and English (or equivalent).
- Holder of the CISI Investment Operations Certificate (or equivalent).
Qualifications Requirements (Ideal)
- Additional CISI Investment/Operations related qualifications/exam passes or equivalent e.g. IMC.
- Accounting Qualification.
What you'll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you'll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You'll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences