We are looking for an individual to use her/his experience and education to make a difference in the world and help channel capital towards climate solutions. The Global equity portfolio manager role is an unprecedented opportunity to join an investment firm on the leading edge of where alpha meets impact. As one of the founding members of ScopeFour, he/she will be foundational to building the firm’s investment culture. The right person will be highly aligned to the vision and mission.
ScopeFour seeks an experienced investment professional to join as Global Equity Portfolio Manager in a full-time role. The Portfolio Manager serves on the ScopeFour executive committee and provides leadership for the organization through that body. This position also co-leads the ScopeFour Equity Investment Committee with the Chief Impact Officer. Their primary responsibility encompasses the design and implementation of the equity platform and underlying strategies. Over time, this position also involves management and supervision of the equity portfolio team as it expands.
The Portfolio Manager will also work with the Chief Impact Officer on outlook, portfolio expansion and penetration of new market segments. Moderate travel will be required for customer site visits, meetings and speaking engagements. This position reports to the CEO.
- In coordination with the Chief Impact Officer and CEO, design the platform to support the investment process
- Develop ScopeFour process for idea generation, screening, qualitative and quantitative analysis, risk management and portfolio construction
- Responsible for all aspects of Global equity portfolio management, including idea generation, day-to-day management, risk and performance/attribution analysis
- Analyze portfolio holdings and execute buy/sell decisions
- Maintain strong knowledge and command of current and anticipated capital market conditions and how it relates to ScopeFour portfolio positioning utilizing internal and external sources
- Execute hedging approaches where appropriate
- Responsible for departmental compliance with internal policy and procedures
- Actively monitor and improve the trading ecosystem, which encompasses broker-dealers, market-makers, trading venues and technology providers.
- Partner with outsourced operations and trading team to oversee day-to-day management of portfolio implementation including compliance, managing of daily cash flows and corporate actions.
Client and Prospect Management
- Implement and maintain client portfolios ensuring consistency with investment policy, ScopeFour asset allocation guidelines and appropriate risk controls
- In coordination with other staff members, create, review and maintain investment related content such as reviews, market and economic updates and special topics
- Effectively articulate and communicate investment performance and outlook to internal and external groups including clients and prospects.
Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- At least 8 years of industry experience including quantitative equity portfolio management and analysis in both US and Non-US markets
- Strong quantitative skills in modelling of large data sets, building multi-factor models, portfolio construction, optimization, back testing and scenario analysis.
- Proven ability to take investment-related research in Global markets from idea origination to implementation and create alpha through deployment of quantitative and fundamental analysis.
- Demonstrate an exceptionally positive attitude and approach to teamwork
- High level of self-motivation and a strong work-ethic
- Attention to detail and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A passion to constantly learn and develop new skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to prepare and deliver persuasive oral and written reports and presentations
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills exemplified by the ability to forge strong relationships with internal and external partners
- Willingness to travel
- Familiarity with ESG/Climate/Impact investing is desirable
- CFA and/or MBA is preferred