Description About this role Introduction to Multi-Asset Strategies and Solutions
BlackRock's Multi-Asset Strategies & Solutions (MASS) group provides investment strategies and solutions that employ sophisticated asset allocation, rigorous risk management, and extensive research to deliver specific outcomes tailored to client needs. Through our comprehensive portfolio approach, diversified return drivers, end-to end partnership and technology, our multi-asset platform is crafted to deliver outcomes with more precision. MASS includes specialized capabilities in areas of tactical asset allocation, income funds, target date and target risk strategies, as well as customized solutions. Our team of over 250 multi-asset investment professionals manages a range of pooled vehicles, model portfolios, and customized mandates for a diversified client base. Position Overview
MASS is looking for a motivated individual to join our Solution Strategy team within the EMEA Pensions OCIO team. The EMEA Pensions OCIO team designs, implements, and leads on all aspects of portfolio construction and asset allocation to solve our pension client's investment challenges.
The role will require partnership with numerous commercial, investments and operational teams in order to best coordinate and support fast-paced growth of the business. A successful team member will be someone, who is curious, innovative, challenges the status quo and a problem solver. Responsibilities
Skills & Qualifications Required
- Focused on US and European pension scheme clients, support the growth and implementation of outsourced solutions mandates including OCIO for Pension Schemes.
- Represent MASS to internal partners and where required to clients and prospects, to provide subject matter expertise and confidently present MASS capabilities and process in the context of the client's solution
- Translate investment strategy design into a robust implementable solution, balancing regulatory constraints, risk and client intent - including investment guideline design.
- Project manage new client activities and change management activities for MASS with internal partners
- Work with MASS colleagues, as well as transition managers, clients, and underlying investment managers to support the design and management of a suitable transition plan for initial funding and change events
- Lead client calls and communications as a subject matter authority on whole portfolio solution details and specific implementation plans
- Build strong relationships and fully maximize internal networks to deliver whole portfolio solutions during implementation and ongoing servicing
- Drive innovation and platform strategy initiatives
- Provide SME input to internal teams such as Reporting and Performance to ensure client requirements can be supported.
- Minimum 5+ years' investment experience with a good understanding of financial markets
- Experience across multiple asset classes (including fixed income, equities and alternatives), derivatives and separately managed accounts is preferable
- Outstanding relationship management skills to build and maintain collaborative partnerships regionally. Strong interpersonal, organizational and influencing skills, ability to engage partners, to understand change readiness, balance differences and build consensus;
- Will be an excellent communicator, capable of articulating complex problems in a simplistic manner. Ability to connect with multiple audiences;
- Inclination for process design, able to handle various projects simultaneously, remain calm when multi-tasking
- Experience working both independently and as part of a team in a highly collaborative, global environment
- Achievement of CFA, CAIA and/or FRM or equivalent qualifications (or progress towards) encouraged but is not required
- Knowledge of Tableau, VBA, SQL, and/or Python is an advantage
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.