Description About this role About BRS, Aladdin Wealth Tech and DIA: BlackRock Solutions (BRS)
is uniquely positioned to address the industry's risk management, portfolio construction and financial technology demands. The various business departments within BRS are focused on providing clients with customized solutions powered by Aladdin, BlackRock's proprietary risk management system, to their most complex capital market driven and investment related challenges within the ambit of portfolio analytics & risk management, liability-driven investing & pension solutions, and regulatory advice & balance sheet strategy. Aladdin Wealth Tech (AWT)
within BlackRock Solutions is bringing in the same risk capabilities used by BlackRock's investment teams and sophisticated institutional clients worldwide to the wealth management industry and retail investors, equipping clients with model construction capabilities, risk monitoring tools, and portfolio construction & analytics. AWT delivers unique and integrated capabilities that drive asset growth, deepen relationships, and improve efficiency. Aladdin Wealth partners with clients to help them lead their enterprise risk, building better portfolios, improving their value proposition, and institutionalizing their investment process.
The Associate will join Data Insights & Analytics (DIA)
within Aladdin Wealth Tech in Mumbai. This team is responsible for modeling and maintaining fund risk analytics within Aladdin and for funds held by our Wealth clients in addition to generating fund and client specific factor-based insights. DIA leverages BRS risk models and bespoke methodologies to generate risk for funds globally. Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Deep understanding of the fundamental principles of risk including various risk metrics, stress testing and risk attribution to take on the role of a custodian for fund analytics within Aladdin.
- A team player who works to streamline and automate processes via usage of Aladdin tools and technology, production, and engineering improvements, etc.
- Collaborate with client teams and stakeholders to incorporate research, data and analytic solution into workflows and decisions based on their needs
- Apply strong project management skills to all product responsibilities: set agenda, drive tone, provide guidance to individual team members, coordinate execution, and communicate out to partners/ stakeholders.
- Respond to inquiries and enhancement requests from client teams and serve as the subject matter expert in internal & external client discussions
- Design, implement and support new analytics capabilities with partner teams to address new requirements and enable new opportunities
- Follow the global markets to understand how macro-economic factors affect client portfolios' risks and investment decisions. Work with the team to come up with comprehensive analysis of impact of adverse market events on client's portfolios risk.
- Outstanding academic achievement Undergraduate/Post Graduate Degree in Engineering, Statistics, Business Management or equivalent.
- FRM or CFA designation or other industry certifications (or are working towards one) is a plus.
- Technological skills of R, Python, UNIX, and SQL preferred.
- Strong knowledge of portfolio risk, portfolios management & construction concepts and multi-asset portfolios.
- In depth understanding and minimum 3 years experience of products like Mutual funds and ETFs, different portfolio strategies across asset classes like equity, fixed income, allocation, commodity, alternatives, etc. Sound understanding of financial concepts for different instruments across equity/Fixed income/ Commodity/ Derivatives, etc.
- Experience in project management is a big plus. Ability to structure multiple communication streams and manage workflows, as well as time management skills are required
- Relentless desire for understanding how processes work. Creativity in solving unconventional problems, entrepreneurial drive to learn new skills and technologies.
- Strong knowledge and strong experience with Python, SQL, and UNIX. Experience with PowerBI or Tableau a plus
- Superior communication and presentation skills with the ability to convey complex concepts simply and clearly
- Ability and willingness to learn fast, multi-task, self-motivate and pick up new things easily
- Ability to work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Any experience in wealth management and portfolio management services role will be an added advantage.
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.