Description About this role BlackRock Company Description:
BlackRock is one of the world's preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions - from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world's capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs. BlackRock Fundamental Active Equity:
BlackRock's Fundamental Active Equity division manages a full range of equity strategies that span the risk/return spectrum, along with several targeted opportunities in specific market sectors. More than 40 investment teams-consisting of portfolio managers, research analysts and traders-manage style-specific portfolios built on BlackRock company research in each major equity asset class. Role Description
BlackRock's Asian and Global Emerging Market Fundamental Active Equity (FAE) team is seeking an equities research analyst with primary responsibility for research on Indian equities and the provision of insights and investment recommendations for portfolios. The successful individual will be a key member of the team and will also be responsible for providing not just individual equity calls but also identifying, and communicating, the investment implications for the broader Asian and GEM equity universe. As an Associate on the team, your responsibilities may include:
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience:
- Responsible for stock analysis and investment recommendations, undertaking robust and rigorous research and analysis of Indian companies across to-be-determined sectors.
- Provide macro-economic views and insights as well as opinions on the outlook for Indian equities and key market drivers from top-down and bottom-up perspectives.
- Partner closely with the rest of the Asian and GEM equity teams and build close working rapport. Contribute to the broader alpha generation of the team through the provision of relevant and insightful comments on drivers for stocks.
- Operate as part of the team utilizing best practices in terms of philosophy and process while contributing to evolution and development.
- Build partnership and strong working relationships with counterparts around the region
- 2-5 years equity market experience, preferably in leading financial institutions and top tier consulting firms
- A passion for investing and financial markets
- Possesses an affinity for intelligent risk taking
- Proven research and analytical capabilities with the ability to produce high quality, detail orientated work.
- Original and independent thinker
- Ability to operate in a team-oriented and collaborative environment
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize various projects
- Exercises good judgment coupled with the ability to make decisions quickly
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated, flexible, and adaptable in an ever-changing environment
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, family status, gender identity, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected attributes at law.