Description About this role
Internal Audit's primary mission is to provide assurance to the Board of Directors and Executive Management that BlackRock's businesses are well managed and meeting strategic, operational and risk management objectives. The team engages with senior leaders and all of BlackRock's individual business units globally to understand and advise on the risks in their business, evaluate the effectiveness of key processes and assist in the design of best practices that can improve their results. Internal Audit reports directly to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and our work builds confidence that BlackRock will meet its obligations to clients, shareholders, employees and other stakeholders. Role Description
The Internal Audit team performs regional and global audits covering all BlackRock business units, including investment management, sales, trading, client business, risk management, operations, finance, and legal and compliance.
BlackRock's Internal Audit group is seeking an Associate to support the execution of the firm's annual audit plan and advisory activities, while developing in-depth knowledge of BlackRock's businesses and products.
The Internal Audit Associate will have the following responsibilities:
- Supporting a variety of audit project activities, such as:
- Engaging with BlackRock stakeholders to understand and document key processes and risks within a specific business unit
- Preparing process narratives and briefing memos
- Evaluating process design and operations to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of these processes
- Investigating and escalating issues identified during testing
- Validating the remediation of issues
- Performing regulatory and industry-driven audit reviews
- Participating in ongoing business monitoring and optimization activities, such as:
- Identifying emerging firm-wide and business risks, and understanding key changes in strategies and operating model through quarterly engagements with business management.
- Completing quarterly risk assessments of business areas
- Contributing to projects aimed at optimizing business processes and control activities
- Providing advisory services during the development of new businesses and systems
- Leading or contributing to global departmental projects
- Developing and maintaining working relationships with BlackRock businesses and support functions, including acting as the primary Internal Audit business engagement liaison for one or more lines of business
- Travel to regional and international locations may be required.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in finance, economics, accounting, or business management is preferred. BA/BS, or equivalent is required.
- Prior financial services experience is preferable, including understanding of financial instruments and asset management processes and risks
- Interest in broad exposure to investment management, sales, trading, operations, risk management, finance and compliance activities in the asset management industry
- Proficient understanding of current regulatory and industry events
- Relevant professional certifications are a plus
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, listening) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
- Intellectual curiosity and healthy skepticism
- Ability to synthesize and articulate complex ideas
- Critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong project management, organizational, and presentation skills
- Familiarity with Excel
- Commitment and strong work ethic
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. Our hybrid work pilot
BlackRock's current hybrid work pilot is designed to help you experience the best of both worlds: the opportunity to connect with colleagues in person and the flexibility to work remotely, with greater time to focus on what's important to you. In line with local health guidance and regulations, employees are generally expected to work 3 days in the office and 2 days from home (on average) each week. For some business groups, more time may be required in the office, while greater flexibility may be in place for others. Our "One BlackRock" culture means you'll be supported to collaborate with your new colleagues while bringing your full self to work - wherever you are.
The health, safety and well-being of our people will always be our top priorities; we will continue to monitor local conditions and health advisories in making decisions about our work environments. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to age, disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation and other protected characteristics at law.