An excellent opportunity to join an infrastructure fund that has recently closed its first fund (circa 300m equity) backed by two 'A Grade' institutional pension funds
The firm has strong expertise in renewables and is a key player within its space. It has attracted significant investor interest and will only continue to grow given the need in helping to meet the UK net zero target. They are at the forefront and an excellent opportunity to get in early and make your mark.
The firm is now in a position to make its first hire and is looking to recruit an ambitious FD from the Investment Management space. This is an all-encompassing role with the opportunity to get in first and set up the finance function as you wish; you will be part of a small management team in driving the future strategy of a business.
- Responsibility for running the finance function, providing oversight of the outsourced accounting provider, and potentially building an in-house finance team if it is considered the right direction.
- Act as a business partner to the operational directors, monitoring ongoing developments against budget and supporting the tender process for new acquisitions.
- Providing financial analysis on new acquisitions and support in preparing investment papers for the committee.
- Provide operational support such as performance analytics on the battery assets as required.
- Provide financial oversight of the development companies used, with direct access to their financial systems.
- Preparation of annual forecast and management committee reports for the LLP.
- Orchestrate and provide oversite of the financial, audit and tax reporting of the LLP.
- Maintain good relationships with the investors and act as a point of contact on financial matters.
- Support in future equity raises.
- Support in future debt raises.
- Assume ad hoc corporate responsibilities such as coordinating the company's advisers regarding legal, insurance, HR, payroll and pensions.
We are looking for a technically strong chartered accountant with a hands-on approach. Understanding the commercial implications and contributing to investment decisions whilst overseeing all financial reporting and risk is critical.
Culturally we are looking for an inquisitive and bright Finance Director or a seasoned FC who can grow with this rapidly expanding business and has the potential to step up to a director-level position in a relatively short time frame.
Note, this role offers Hybrid working with two days outside of London (circa 40 minutes) and three days WFH.The role offers a generous package and LTIP post probation.
- Qualified Accountant, ACA. ACCA
- Strong academic profile
- Proactive and able to adapt well as required
- Experience in a fast-growing or acquisitive business may well be beneficial.
- Sector experience in investment management would be advantageous
- Humility and a good sense of humour are high on our list of character traits