What the role is
Your role as an Executive Investment Manager/Investment Manager is to assist in the management of the Authority’s Surplus Fund.
What you will be working on
You will have the opportunity to develop your competencies through a variety of work including: Managing cash flow to meet short- and long- term funding needs Assisting in the strategic asset allocation review of the Surplus Fund portfolio Assisting in the external fund manager selection, implementation and ongoing performance monitoring and evaluation process, in line with internal guidelines Assisting in the evaluation and ongoing monitoring of other external service providers required to support investments, in line with internal guidelines Assisting in portfolio management work such as monitoring the asset class weights and recommending a suitable portfolio rebalancing approach, and dealing with operational matters such as financial reporting, reconciliation, review of legal documents, tax filings and fee payment Keeping abreast with market developments and propose ideas to enhance the risk adjusted return of the Surplus Fund portfolio.
What we are looking for
- Requirements At least 3 years’ experience in the finance sector
- Sound knowledge of financial instruments and a passion for investment management
- An analytical mind with a keen eye for detail Good communication skills with ability to explain multi-faceted topics to senior management in writing as well as verbally
- A team player, resourceful and able to work independently and within a team environment to meet deadlines
- Preferably possess or is pursuing a Finance-related professional certification such as CFA, CAIA, PRM or FRM
- Good Excel skills, with programming knowledge a plus