We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The Administrative Services, Americas, team partners with every department at PIMCO and with colleagues across seniority levels, from entry-level to the C-suite. We provide critical daily support for all administrative business tasks, including booking travel, processing expense reports, providing phone coverage, planning internal and external meetings, and handling department-specific administrative tasks and projects. Our group is organized according to department business needs and can include dedicated support and shared services, depending on the team and tasks. Our Americas office locations include Newport Beach, Solana Beach, New York, Austin, Miami, Toronto, Montreal, Bermuda, and Sao Paulo.
In this highly visible role, you will serve as a senior officer responsible for overseeing the day-to-day leadership of the Administrative Services team in the Americas to ensure staffing and resource needs are available to operate efficiently and effectively. You will report to the Head of Administration and Office Services. You will also interact with all levels of management across the Americas regarding administrative support needs, forward planning, and addressing situations that may contain sensitive, personal, and confidential topics. Diplomacy, awareness of situational sensitivities, and attention to fairness and perception are a constant focus of this position.
If the following describes you, we want to hear from you!
• Executive presence, excellent written, verbal, and active listening skills, and demonstrated ability to develop relationships and credibility with various stakeholders.
• Ability to inspire, motivate and influence people at all levels toward a shared strategic vision and direction.
• Self-aware; understands how to strike a delicate balance between respecting an organization's tradition, brand, and culture and the need for continuity, discipline, and stability, while acting to enable a better future.
• Track record providing leadership, development, recognition, and mentorship to direct reports and other team members; you enjoy helping others perform at their best and achieve their fullest potential.
• You challenge the status quo-rejecting "good enough" and resourcefully imagining new ways to build a better mousetrap.
• A "big picture" thinker-grasping how projects support business objectives and how you and your team play a meaningful role in our success.
• A problem solver-quickly gaining clarity on desired outcomes, understanding root problems, and identifying the best solutions.
• A standout teammate; you continually raise a high bar for yourself and those you lead, exceeding expectations and respectfully challenging others to reach their fullest potential.
• Self-motivated and thrives in a fast-paced environment, staying organized while juggling multiple priorities concurrently.
• Share PIMCO's values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility, and Excellence, which allow us to bring the best to our clients and each other.
• Develop, manage, and maintain strong relationships with direct reports, administrative assistant team, business managers, and Human Resources.
• Set goals and objectives and actively manage performance to meet business needs.
• Prepare our next generation of leaders, provide coaching and regular feedback on performance, nurture creativity, and help identify stretch goals and assignments that align with organizational objectives and professional development goals.
• Encourage high morale and the delivery of high-quality, client-focused services by employing a leadership style that motivates employees and fosters a collegial environment.
• Ensure the department has the proper training to meet the organization's needs.
• Meet with executives regularly to solicit performance feedback regarding support, business needs, changing assignments, and new hire updates.
• Collaborate with other supervisors and managers to identify and cross-train on operational efficiencies and best practices.
• Plan and coordinate team-building events, including Administrative Professionals week.
• Meet and welcome new employees and ensure team members are acclimating to the team/office environment.
• Lead annual compensation and promotion process in partnership with Human Resources.
• Work with direct manager to review headcount and forecast anticipated headcount as part of the organization's annual budget process.
• Make hiring recommendations and assist with the recruiting and interviewing process.
• Manage department budget.
• Act as a catalyst to continually drive the improvement of key processes, and identify strategies, tools, and/or technologies to optimize operations / close capability gaps.
• Understand travel and expense policy and all technology systems and platforms used by the administrative team.
• Maintain various distribution lists.
• Identify opportunities for cost savings, operating efficiency, and/or process improvements.
• Recommend and implement policy and/or process changes as needed/required.
• Approve time & attendance and update team vacation schedules. Position Requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree and/or relevant work experience equivalent.
• Minimum 15 years of related experience, including at least five years of experience managing people managers of different experience levels.
• Experience within financial services, large law firm, or management consulting desirable.
• Strong operational mindset, including demonstrated experience with automation, streamlining, and scaling repeatable processes using technology.
• Travel is estimated to be 25%. Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office