Dream Internship for CFA Candidates: Leadership, Entrepreneurship and Impact Investing
Girl Power Talk CFA Candidates Internship Program:
Private Equity Research Analyst (1 position open).
Financial Research Analyst (1 position open)
Investment Analyst (2 positions open)
ESG & Social Impact Analyst (3 positions open)
FinTech Research Analyst (1 position open)
- Paid Internship (3-6 months)
- Part-time and full-time offers made to qualified candidates after a successful 3-6 month internship.
- Watch the video for more context: Careers in Finance & Fintech | Young Women Apply Now | Girl Power Investments
Successful applicants will collaborate with and receive direct mentorship from:
Sameer Somal, CFA
- Co-Founder & Board Member of India based Girl Power Talk (https://girlpowertalk.com)
- CEO of USA based Blue Ocean Global Technology: (https://www.blueoceanglobaltech.com)
- Speaker Website: https://sameersomal.com
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sameersomal/
Rolling evaluation of candidates when positions are open. Currently, we have 9 open positions in the program.
Official Start Date: Asap
Overview of Girl Power Investments:
Girl Power Investments is the Finance & Fintech partnership company of Girl Power Talk. This exclusive group of tomorrow's leaders in finance is afforded diverse opportunities to work alongside global clients on a wide array of projects & initiatives. We offer experiential learning to the brightest and most capable students and young professionals. This collective is supported by a select group of CFA Charterholders and international mentors. Girl Power Investments is led by Sameer Somal, CFA, co-founder of Girl Power Talk & CEO of Blue Ocean Global Technology. We are a highly selective team of intelligent, empathetic and ambitious global leaders with a passion for finance, investments, technology and related fields.
Four articles references our culture and philosophy:
- Girl Power Talk: A Lesson in Transformation through Empowerment (Thrive Global) What a Gen Z-led Workplace Looks Like (The Philippine Star) The Golden Mean: How Girl Power Talk is Empowering Employees and Communities (Money Control) Girl Power Talk Empowers Youth (Medium Illumination)
Three video references::
- Everything We Do Is For You | Open Mic at Girl Power Talk
- Generate Impact with Girl Power USA
- We are Girl Power Talk | Celebrate Happy Work
General Candidate Requirements:
- All applicants must be CFA Candidates or have a strong interest in becoming one immediately.
- Commitment to becoming a CFA Charterholder (https://www.cfainstitute.org)
- Candidates will be evaluated on a case by case basis.
- Independent thinker with strong leadership and entrepreneurial potential.
- Interest in executive fast-track and assuming responsibility at Girl Power Talk, Blue Ocean Global Technology and other key client relationships.
- Strict adherence to the CFA Institute Code of Ethics and Standards of Professional Conduct (https://www.cfainstitute.org/en/ethics-standards/ethics/code-of-ethics-standards-of-conduct-guidance)
- The successful candidate must be open to future domestic and international travel.
- No prior experience is required. We seek the most capable and high potential students and young professionals.
- A keen interest in finance and some basic knowledge of investments related subjects.
- Strong research skills in the area of private equity, venture capital, fintech, AI, Big Data, and other technology mandates.
- Highly detail-oriented self-starter with an acute appreciation for accuracy and detail.
- Ability to lead research projects and be proactive.
- Strong interpersonal (soft) skills and the desire to improve particularly in leadership and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and capability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks with changing deadlines.
- Able to work both with little supervision and closely with other colleagues as part of a team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset to fit in a fast-paced and highly demanding startup work culture environment and ability to think out of the box, innovative ideas and solutions.
Other Skills We Are Looking For:
- Professional maturity and a foundationally strong work ethic.
- Ability to earn the trust and respect of leaders and key team members across global departments.
- Willingness to work across various departments and master diverse skills.
- An approachable attitude and a commitment to building a healthy and happy workplace and a desire to invest time in networking with teammates.
Note: New team member responsibilities are progressively increased and awarded on merit.
- Working with global clients on consultative projects.
- Working on Girl Power USA mandates.
- Market research for clients and strategic initiatives.
- Financial Literacy education curriculum, presentations and courses.
- Supporting Girl Power Talk’s Social Entrepreneurship ventures.
- Developing innovative solutions and creating opportunities for Girl Power Talk & Blue Ocean Global Technology with Sameer Somal directly.
Reflective of market rates after assessment of candidates.
- Flexible working hours.
- Letter of recommendation.
- Network with young leaders across our departments and geography.
- Pre-placement offers for high potential candidates.
- Training/mentoring through on-the-job guidance as well as structured training sessions.
- Mentorship and support for obtaining the CFA charter.
- Personality and soft skills focus within our leadership development program.
1. Complete the official Girl Power Talk application at: https://girlpowertalk.com/apply-now/.
Note: Please reference “CFA Candidates, Finance & Investments” in question 2 asking you what position you are applying for.
Do not send your resume without completing the formal application, as it will not be considered.
3. Following a successful application, the interview process consists of a minimum of two interview rounds.
Additional background on Sameer Somal, CFA:
Sameer Somal is the CEO of Blue Ocean Global Technology and co-founder of Girl Power Talk. He is a frequent speaker at conferences on digital transformation, online reputation management, diversity & inclusion, relationship capital, and ethics. Fundamental to his work at Blue Ocean Global Technology, Sameer leads collaboration with an exclusive group of PR, Law and Management Consulting agency partners. He helps clients build and transform their digital presence. Sameer is a published writer and an Internet Defamation subject matter expert witness. In collaboration with the Philadelphia Bar Foundation, he authors continuing legal education (CLE) programs and is a member of the Legal Marketing Association (LMA) Education Advisory Council. Sameer serves on the national board of Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA). He is an active member of the Society of International Business Fellows (SIBF) and a CFA Institute 2022 Inspirational Leader Award recipient.
Sameer’s CFA Institute experience includes:
- Speaker at 40+ CFA member societies.
- Active author contributor with Enterprising Investor.
- Educator at colleges & universities introducing the merits of the CFA program.
- Senior Grader of CFA Exams.
- Special Projects, including “Why We Volunteer”.
- Providing employment and sponsorship to CFA candidates in Asia and Africa through Girl Power Talk.
- Past host of the CFA Institute talk show, The Topic @ Hand.
- Past board member, CFA Institute Seminar for Global Investors.
Sample articles published with CFA Institute’s Enterprising Investor:
- Closing the Gap: Gender Lens Investing and the Future of Finance
- Why People Drive Artificial Intelligence Today and Tomorrow
- Networking in the Age of Social Distancing: Seven Timeless Strategies
- Seven Reasons India Is Primed for Growth
- Digital Reputation Management 101
Sample videos published related to CFA Institute
- CFA Program Success – 10 Timeless Tips For the CFA Charterholder Exams | Sameer Somal, CFA.
- How to Pass the CFA Level 1 | Exam Tips from Sameer Somal
- CFA Exams | Why We Love CFA Institute
One opportunity can change the course of your life. For successful candidates, this will be that opportunity.
“Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
-Albert Einstein [1879 – 1955]
More searches like this
- C-Suite Level Management Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Corporate Finance Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- ESG/Socially Responsible Research Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Management Consulting Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors
- Relationship Management Information Technology, Software Internship jobs in Bachelors