Manager - Operational Due Diligence & Transaction Services
- First Transaction Services seat in London
- Join our growing Investment Compliance & Operational Risk Team
- Be part of expanding office in Kings Cross
AustralianSuper is a leading and fast-growing global investor with operations in Australia, Asia, the United Kingdom, and United States. We are the largest superannuation (pension) fund in Australia, and one of the 24 largest pension funds globally, with nearly £150bn in members assets. We are a profit-to-member fund with a "Members first" ethos and culture.
Our London and New York offices, are significantly growing, currently consisting of 70 colleagues, will grow four-fold over the next three years. This enables the Fund to expand its global investment portfolio and build our international profile by having a permanent presence in Europe.
As part of AustralianSuper's international growth plans, we are seeking an Investment Compliance professional to undertake daily portfolio compliance activities, supporting the global operating model across investment teams.
Your new team
Our Investment Compliance and Operational Risk Team (ICOR) is the First Line Risk Team that supports the Investments and Finance & Operations Groups in meeting their compliance and operational risk management accountabilities.
This new seat will be the first here in London, focusing within Transaction Services, for our unlisted transactions, with responsibility for newly acquired assets.
Currently a team of two in London, and a wider team in Australia, you will be working closely with our Real Asset Departments, where we focus in Infrastructure, Private Credit, and Property Investments, which make up nearly have the office.
Based at 2 Pancras Square in Kings Cross, which is part of the Kings Cross redevelopment project, one of our core, and most visible asset, in our investment portfolio.
We encourage hybrid working and follow a blended model of both office and home working. We also offer flexible working where needed as there will be meetings with the team in Australia on different occasions.
Your new role
Working with the different internal investment teams you will be:
- Focusing on Transaction Services:
- Providing support and leadership in the execution of new assets and investments
- Ensuring policies, frameworks, and processes are developed to meet needs
- Project Management for direct unlisted transactions in UK/EU/US
- Oversight on risk, and expenditure
- Lead on continuous improvement
- Work across the Investments and Finance & Operation Teams
- Operational Due Diligence
- Plan, lead, and review governance, risk, and compliance matters
- Advise and brief senior stakeholders
- Work with internal and external teams, identifying breaches, incidents, and errors
- You will provide additional guidance to the ICOR department, whilst embedding our members first culture and overseeing all risk matters within transactions.
- Significant experience within financial services/fund management/ banking sector
- Relevant degree or equivalent experience in investment transaction services
- Strong understanding and exposure to due diligence process and legislation
- Experience in project management
- Excellent understanding of investment strategies (derivative instruments, pooled investments, and management operations)
- Exposure to direct unlisted transactions
- Strong communication and engagement skills
- Experience working with senior leadership teams and stakeholders
What you will get in return:
You will work with a passionate team of professionals, that enjoy what we do and the people we work with. We put members first in everything we do and are committed to the recruitment, development and support of a diverse workforce that share our values of Energy, Integrity, Generosity of Spirit, and Excellent Outcomes. All roles can flex at AustralianSuper, and we are happy to discuss what this can look like for you.
If you would like the opportunity to work in a challenging, growing and rapidly evolving team to deliver outstanding results, please apply now!
Agencies please note: this vacancy is being managed directly by AustralianSuper's Recruitment team. We will contact our preferred agency partners should we require additional support. Thank you.